We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emotions by hodelpa

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,640 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
Emotions by hodelpa

Sunwing shows a resort named emotions by hodelpa. I know they opened on in pc but which resort in pp did they take over? Playa dorado beach resort? Just wondering what's up cause I haven't heard a lot about it and wondering when it's suppose to open etc?

76 replies to this topic
orangeville, ontario
Level Contributor
2,723 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Emotions by hodelpa

Hi Lin,

I'm fairly certain that it is the old Playa Dorada beach resort, previously Beach Resort by Faranda, Celuisma, etc. etc. It is just in front of the Viva Wyndham Viva Heavens on the beach and around the corner from GV, Grand Paradise.

ontario
Level Contributor
609 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Emotions by hodelpa

I believe this hotel is in the La Romana area accessible from flights central to Punta Cana, La Romana or Santo Domingo.The beach here is very mediocre and a service road runs throught he middle of the resort.Be sure to do all your research before booking

Unless they are using this same name for more than one resort

Edited: 10 August 2017, 10:05
Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
2,674 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Emotions by hodelpa

There is a Emotions resort in PP that they are selling.....an older renovated resort...was a thread about it already here...

Asking a lot for a week at this place...will be interesting to see/hear the reviews from it as currently it is close to the most expensive resort to book in PP this winter(from eastern Canada at least)

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,640 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Emotions by hodelpa

Ya I read the previous thread and no one seemed to know anything. Thought by now something would be leaked out information wise. Yes I am also aware it is the older resort renovated but wondered what they did to bring it up to a 4 star level as they are selling it as now. I read it's. Onpketely renovated? Swim up suites? It sounds very very nice and should be up there with the top resorts I would think by the artist drawings that u see and by how they made it sound in the write up? But again what exactly did they do??? We're looking at a new year or Xmas so there won't be many reviews at that point with it just opening in dec. and it's proved the same as sunscape currently which I know will drop

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
2,674 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Emotions by hodelpa

I wouldn't book it for the price right now..I know that much. I am not sure when the first bookings are available but I would be waiting for some REAL pics of it and some up to date reviews for sure.

Sounds really nice and higher end but its still way too much money to spend for a week in PP imho ....right now at least. I think they are trying to ask top dollar for it right now before they are actually operating.

orangeville, ontario
Level Contributor
2,723 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Emotions by hodelpa

There have not been any reviews on the PP resort Hotel Beach House Playa Dorada since some time in July but don't think this Emotions resort is going to be the HBHPD as the one on Juan Dolio beach is advertised as 5 star+ and it would take a lot to bring the HBHPD up to that standard from a 3 star. SunWing are definitely advertising the Juan Dolio one and it is a luxury one.

Yes, when I look back at previous posts, I'm sure Quique has it right.

Edited: 11 August 2017, 20:46
Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
40,482 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Emotions by hodelpa

Emotions by hodelpa is not due to open until December 2017 but no specific date disclosed on their website,here is a link to their website.

http://emotionsbyhodelpa.com/playa-dorada/en

I certainly would not want to book a hotel close after opening as I would want all the snags ironed out first as happens with all newly opened, refurbished hotels.

Angie.

orangeville, ontario
Level Contributor
2,723 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Emotions by hodelpa

thanks, Angie. I should have known that your info would be spot on. I think it will take quite a lot to get the resort up from its previous 3 star rating and I wonder if it will have swim out rooms like the Juan Dolio one. If that is the case then it will be much more expensive than any of the other resorts in PP (except the Casa Colonial which is 4 diamond and not all inclusive).

The photos of the beach look like the beach area where the HBHPD was located as I can see the Grand Paradise buildings to the left.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
40,482 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Emotions by hodelpa

The hotel does look as though it will have swim out rooms as per the drop down menu on the Emotions Playa Dorada website which includes Superior, De Luxe Family, Adults Only and Swim Out, as you say it is going to be much more expensive than any other resorts in PP especially as it will also be an Al resort with the exception of Casa Colonial which is not offered on an Al basis.

Angie.

orangeville, ontario
Level Contributor
2,723 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Emotions by hodelpa

Yes, Angie. I saw the web page and it does mention Swim Out rooms. They will have to do a lot of renovating to achieve this. Probably though when it first opens they will offer some deals. One of the reasons we like PP is because it is so affordable as PC is much more about the high end resorts many of which have the swim out rooms. We would all like to see PP's tourism do better so that those flights from UK don't get discontinued from Manchester anyway.

Jan

Reply to: Emotions by hodelpa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted