We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

iberostar dominicana vs. Iberostar bavaro

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
WV
Level Contributor
411 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
iberostar dominicana vs. Iberostar bavaro

My wife and I are in our mid thirties and looking for a quiet, not overly crowded resort. We are interested in reading on the beach and having a relazing time. The Bavaro will cost us about $1000 more for the week. I know the Bavaro is the better resort but is it worth $1000 extra? Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: iberostar dominicana vs. Iberostar bavaro

I have been to the Iberostars 3 times. I would say save your money and go to the Dominicana.

manchester england
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: iberostar dominicana vs. Iberostar bavaro

i agree with bob, stayed at both recently bavaro is,nt worth the 1ooo usd extra. dave

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: iberostar dominicana vs. Iberostar bavaro

I have to agree! That's a lot of money and all three resorts are great so I'd skip the upgrade.

Kris

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: iberostar dominicana vs. Iberostar bavaro

a PS to my above post:

Just think of all the spa treatments and excursions you can get for that $1,000!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,254 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: iberostar dominicana vs. Iberostar bavaro

No offense to Bob or Max, not sure if they have stayed at the Iberostar Bavaro?

Staying at the Iberostar Bavaro will give you access privledges at all 3 resorts, but not vice versa.

The Iberostar Bavaro has a swim-up bar, the other two don't.

The Iberostar Bavaro has more choice in restaurants and bars as you can eat and drink at all three resorts.

The Iberostar Bavaro's rooms are housed in 2-storey villas, the grounds are great at all three but the edge has to go to the Iberostar Bavaro.

You might want to consider a different tour operator as it's not usally $1000 more for a couple to upgrade.

Service is great at all the Iberostars.

Cheers, Debbie

manchester england
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: iberostar dominicana vs. Iberostar bavaro

deb stayed at them both an yea the bavaro is superior but imho is not worth the 1000 usd upgrade. if the poster emailed the resort maybe they might be offered to upgrade for 30usd per person per night as we did. at that price its seriously worth considering. dave

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,254 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: iberostar dominicana vs. Iberostar bavaro

Sorry Max, didn't know you stayed there....ooops. I agree that for a $1000 would need some serious consideration. Not sure where "WV" is but still think they need to look into another avenue for booking the Iberostars.

They are welcome to PM is they'd like too.

Cheers, Debbie

PS. going back for our 7th visit in August.

Winthrop, Maine
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: iberostar dominicana vs. Iberostar bavaro

Hola: Agree with above. Iberostar Dominicana/Punta Cana to save the money. Also a suggestion if you want to relax. Punta Cana Princess is small, quiet, great food, great staff, swim-up bar, fantastic beach. If you want more activity/entertainment you have access to the 2 adjoining resorts (Caribe & Tropical Princess). And use of their restaurants. Check and compare prices and you may save alot more money.

Good luck. Contact Vacation Travel Mart vacmart.com and get a price quote top compare prices.

Mike & Cyndie - The Maineacs

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
21 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: iberostar dominicana vs. Iberostar bavaro

Insomniac Cash,

You may also want to try MrIberostar.com to beat that price, $1000 for a couple to upgrade for a week is a ludicrous price. Mr. Iberostar is a travel agency that works in conjunction with the Iberostar message boards, and they were able to get me a rate at the Grand Bavaro that was hundreds cheaper than elsewhere. TravelMart and Apple are other outlets to explore. In other words, shop around, I think your current TA is sticking you with the fuzzy end of the lollipop.......

Batley, United...
Level Contributor
735 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: iberostar dominicana vs. Iberostar bavaro

Hi,

Just checked prices here in the UK with our local tourist company (Thomas Cooke) difference between booking 1 week at Iberostar Dominicasn and Iberostar

Bavaro is approx. USD 120. This is for 1st week July.

Regards

Carol