We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Bahia Ambar-topless sunbathing !!!

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
Save Topic
Gran Bahia Ambar-topless sunbathing !!!

Is topless sunbathing accepted at the pool or on the beach only, thanks!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,687 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Gran Bahia Ambar-topless sunbathing !!!

When we were there a couple of years ago, a couple of people were topless around the pool, but it was sublte (as in on the loungers not walking round or in the pool) and I never saw them told to do otherwise.

St. Charles, MO
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Gran Bahia Ambar-topless sunbathing !!!

Bill-in-Kitchner, It may or may not have been against the rules back in '09. I can't speak to any other times at Ambar, but that was our experience. There were no signs, at least not that I recall. If I had seen signs I would have pointed that out to our friends, and particularly to the Mrs. I might forget seeing signs, but I wouldn't forget 6-8 topless women in the pool at the same time. I know they were topless because their husbands were wearing their tops. THAT I have a picture of. Just a little drunken fun between friends.

Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,145 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Gran Bahia Ambar-topless sunbathing !!!

I am with Brooklin, topless is not allowed around the pool - every time we have been there we have made bets as to how long it would take security to ask the ladies to cover up. The beach is fine, lots of women topless there.

St. Charles, MO
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Gran Bahia Ambar-topless sunbathing !!!

Tweety, I think you have your answer. The girls can come out at the beach, but not at the pool. I hope you enjoy Ambar. It is a lovely resort.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Gran Bahia Ambar-topless sunbathing !!!

Thanks everyone for your replies! Yikes, how times have changed! I remember being topless at the Barcelo pool back in 2009! And now staying at an adult-only resort 3 years later and have to keep my top on??? No biggie, been vacationing in Jamaica and Mexico the last 3 years, so have been used to tan lines! Lol ! I am more of a beach girl anyways !

16. Re: Gran Bahia Ambar-topless sunbathing !!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 03:16