We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding at Grenadian Rex..

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
68 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding at Grenadian Rex..

Hello all, I am just looking at The Grenadian rex hotel for a wedding. Has anybody seen or actually got married at this hotel who could give me a bit more info/photos as to where you get married... Thanks in advance!

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding at Grenadian Rex..

As random as this is...as I am not getting married - already am....but I was preparing for my trip to Gnd and I did a search on Youtube and found a 45 min video from great britain I believe ABOUT getting married in Gnd...but mostly I noticed it was from the perspective of getting married AT the Rex....I do hope you can find it - it may take a bit of poking about but it should get you really excited about your fantastic day!! Looks beautiful! Congrats!

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
385 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding at Grenadian Rex..

Seen two weddings whilst we are here. Im afraid they dont look too romantic or spectacular. The hotel put out a small metal arch on the side of the beach, under the bar area, and cover it in flowers. Its not exactly what every girl dreams of, and having watched many weddings ofer the years, in many resorts, I wouldnt personally say I'd choose to do it at a hotel resort..

The poor couple in their full suits and dresses, sweating, and hot, standing in the beating sun.... not for me.. The reality is far from the dream.... but thats my own miserable, humbug, opinion.

Althought, its better here I suppose, as you are not on a wedding conveyor belt, waiting for "Bride number 7 please" to be called out, and the wedding march, by steel drums, again....

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
68 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding at Grenadian Rex..

Caribheart, i have to thank you for telling me to look on you tube. Ive just found the video and its fabulous, its given me so much more insight to a wedding at the Rex hotel. Ive seen various weddings before in Jamaica and Cuba and have been slightly put off by the location of the wedding gazebo. But with this hotel I love the choice you have of where you can choose to say your vows. Thanks you!!!

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
68 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding at Grenadian Rex..

RichTill , thank you for your thoughts. To be honest all I want is a very simple wedding with just a few members of family present. The thought of having a traditional english wedding fills me with dread. I have seen so many myself on holiday, obviously not in Grenada but in other Caribbean destinations and I guess it just appeals to me!

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding at Grenadian Rex..

Grenada is a beautiful island... very romantic and unique in terms of culture and community! if you get a chance to get out and see the many beautiful locations on the island and meet the people combined with your big day i cant imagine disappointment!! I still wish I had followed my heart and had the Caribbean wedding so you go and do it right for you! Congratulations and let us know how dreamy it all is!!!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding at Grenadian Rex..

A wedding in Grenada... how dreamy! Based on the style of wedding that you want (casual with just a few close family members) I think it will be perfect. Things tend to get complicated when people want to do the whole big formal wedding in the islands.

If I can give one advice, pick a really good photographer. It makes a world of a difference when you have fantastic photos to look back on. If there is one thing to splurge on, my vote would go to that.

Congrats and best wishes for many happy years to you and yours!

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
385 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding at Grenadian Rex..

A wedding at a local Grenadian church would be nice. Is that possible for people from the UK to have, or can you only have a civil ceremony ?

BURTON
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding at Grenadian Rex..

Hi tambourine,

i dont know about weddings at the rex. But i can highly recommend getting married at the flamboyant Hotel as we got married there last March. The wedding gazebo is set in beautiful gardens away from other guests. Unlike other caribbean islands for example the decameron club in runnaway bay Jamaica(which i know you have recentley been to because ive seen your review). The hotel staff were brilliant and did everything we asked, they provided a steel band and lots of other extras.

Like you my wife and i have been to several different caribbean islands and Grenada is by far our favourite island. If you have any questions please feel free to ask

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
68 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wedding at Grenadian Rex..

Thanks ACEHI121 for your advice! to be honest im not 100% about the grendian rex and have spotted the Flamboyant hotel in the brochure also. I loved the rdcc but couldnt love the situation for the wedding (too many people walking back from the beach!) and it was outside some peoples room!! I want to go somewhere a little different from the norm..i just cant decide!

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wedding at Grenadian Rex..

I did not realize you were considering other options...I do not know about weddings at the Flamboyant....but I have stayed there previously and we returning soon...weeks now Thank GOD!! It is a lovely location with brilliant staff as it seems from reviews that has not changed. I will offer a report when I get back but some of the best views in the Caribbean and affordable. Plus access to two beaches and I gather they are totally different (they were before but you never know if there are changes...).

I will scout out the wedding area when I am there....I hope you are having fun with this - it seems like so much excitement and great fun for planning!!

Get answers to your questions about St. George's