We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding at Grenadian Rex..

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
68 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding at Grenadian Rex..

Hello all, I am just looking at The Grenadian rex hotel for a wedding. Has anybody seen or actually got married at this hotel who could give me a bit more info/photos as to where you get married... Thanks in advance!

BURTON
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Wedding at Grenadian Rex..

I totally agree with the previous post, the views from EVERY room at the Flamboyant are breathtaking. Every room has an ocean view. There is access to two different beaches grand anse beach and bbc beach. As for the wedding we booked ours through virgin. we found them to be extremely

helpful and very professional. One tip i would give is, I would definatley recommend having a wedding dvd. It wasnt cheap but it was definatley worth every pennny. If you would like to see any photos of the wedding gazebo etc. just let me know.

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
68 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Wedding at Grenadian Rex..

Oooh i will definitely take a peek at the Flamboyant then! its great fun checking out all these hotels but i must admit its starting to wear a bit thin now! Basically if all the guests come, they will not all be staying in the same hotel (i guess its still their holiday so cant blame them!). i must ensure that they can still purchase a day pass to my chosen hotel so that they can obviously come!

ACEHI121 i would love to see your pics! i will send you a message with my email address on. Caribheart , thank you also - do let me know what you also think of the wedding area when you come back!!

London
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Wedding at Grenadian Rex..

I got married at the Rex last year after few years of reshearch and planning from the UK and although my wedding was not a small one (I had 100 guests in total,) I can give you lots of details re what service to expect, photographer and DVD person if you wish. A previous post mentioned a video on youtube, is it Focus on Grenada? If so, please be aware that what you see in that viedo is not what you actualy get at the Rex. It is a promotional piece of work after all. Please feel free to email me on onelove_bp@hotmail.com for more advice and pointers. Sorry, do not mean to put you off the Rex in any way at all but best to be armed with information from one who has had to deal with them.

Good luck anyway.

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
68 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Wedding at Grenadian Rex..

Thanks Kayakbabe for the advise. It was the focus on grenada video..it did make the grenadian rex look a bit too good to be true so i am really eager to see what yours looked like. I cant wait to see some photos..i will email you now, Tamsin xx

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Wedding at Grenadian Rex..

Where else would your guests stay?

Flamboyant is well located in terms of access to other hotels - I think that the majority of hotels on the island are ON Grand Anse beach....so all a walk from Flamboyant and often a beach walk (never a bad walk)!! Also Flamboyant is an affordable option with a good variety of room options - standard, suites and rooms with kitchen - there is even a fantastic cottage type accomodation at the very top of the hotel that has two rooms and a living room pullout couch with equally sensation views... I am biased however I have not been there since 2004 before Ivan.

I also agree with previous poster regarding DVD - it is my anniversary today and yesterday we spent the day watching our wedding video and it was easily one of the best things we could ever have done - short of GETTING married...

Keep your chin up - it will happen and you will be thrilled with all the hard work you have done!

grenada
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Wedding at Grenadian Rex..

if you want a small, romantic, off the beaten track wedding, you might consider Le Phare bleu, 15 minutes from Grand Anse, beautiful location and nice rooms. on Grand anse there are several hotels, Spice Island beach resort probably regarded as the best, prices reflect that,

Coyaba has nice gardens leading onto the grand anse beach.

London, UK
Level Contributor
48 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Wedding at Grenadian Rex..

Anyone can marry in the church I believe, you dont have to be Grenadian.

London, UK
Level Contributor
48 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Wedding at Grenadian Rex..

i know a UK DJ now based in Grenada who does weddings. He is different from Grenada DJs who dont know the current hits of the UK/Europe. He is very versatile & will play what you want. He can be contacted on djbiz@ymail.com.

19. Re: Wedding at Grenadian Rex..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2010, 14:19
Get answers to your questions about St. George's