We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather the next couple of weeks

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
84 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Weather the next couple of weeks

We are taking a cruise through the Caribbean the week of Christmas and are stopping in Grenada on the 24th. Can anyone on the islands tell me the local forecast for the upcoming two weeks? The weather channel online has been calling for rain for weeks and didn't know if the weather was to be bad or if it is like in Hawaii and you get occasional showers daily. Hoping for sunshine!

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
385 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather the next couple of weeks

Im here now, and it rained this morning. Its been a little windy the last few days, which has been a blessing as it took the edge off the heat.

Rain showers have been forecast for the next few days, but they last about 4 minutes at most...

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
84 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather the next couple of weeks

THanks for the info!! Has it been really hot? They keep forecasting 85 degrees, but that can be really hot in the tropics! Looking forward to it as we have been in a thick, chilly fog for almost a week in Houston!

Rochester NY USA
Level Contributor
81 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather the next couple of weeks

Hi,

If you are at the Rex could you tell me if the beach bar is open ? and where are they serving lunch ?

Thanks

John in Rochester NY

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
385 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather the next couple of weeks

Sitting on the beach at the moment. Weather report is good, but they have forecast a thunderstorm for tomorrow. Just watching the fluffy clouds drift by..

Yesterday was the hottest day by far and thankfully, its a little less fierce today.

Lunch is being served in the area by the pool, and evening meals have been alternating between the main dining area, and the pool area some nights. The pool bar is now open every night till 8pm, and the traders bar on the beach is open. Quality of the food is still excellent though...

Hotel is pretty empty at the moment, with 25-30% occupancy. Great if you like things relaxed, but a little too quite when the evening entertainment is playing to 5-10 people...

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
385 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather the next couple of weeks

Temp about 30C / 86F sea is calm and clear.

Rochester NY USA
Level Contributor
81 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather the next couple of weeks

Thanks for the info. My wife and I with our two kids will be there Jan.2nd for two weeks. I like everything the new manager has done so far.

Thanks again !

John

Rochester NY USA
Level Contributor
81 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather the next couple of weeks

Sounds like you have been to the Rex before ?

We go 3-4 times per year, I may know you ?

John

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
385 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather the next couple of weeks

Its possible. This is our third time, and chat to anyone who is nearby....

Met two people from Tripadvisor this time... and its nice to put a face to a name..!!

Weather today is a little bit cooler, wind picked up, but still nice. Sitting at the bar drinking beer now, waiting to go to the airport today...

Hotel has over 25 rooms ready for Virgin intake today... although Im not happy about Virgin, as they cancelled the Chill out and check in service, and we couldnt keep our room on, as it was needed...

Oh, the manager's wife has had her baby in the last two days, and its gorgeous....

9. Re: Weather the next couple of weeks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2010, 12:15
Get answers to your questions about St. George's