We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st timer - how are the beaches at the Rex?

canada
Level Contributor
175 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
1st timer - how are the beaches at the Rex?

We are beach lovers and am wondering if the beach at the Rex is white sands, clear blue water, and swimmable? Also, do they serve you drinks on the beach? And is there a lineup for sun loungers?

Thanks for your help.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,387 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st timer - how are the beaches at the Rex?

Pink Gin Beach is fabulous (Rex Grenadian St. George's)

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
385 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st timer - how are the beaches at the Rex?

Beach chairs the last few days on the sports beach were full up, and the hotel is only at 15-20% occupancy at the moment. You wont be served drinks, and the water isnt clear if the swells are up...

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
2,239 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st timer - how are the beaches at the Rex?

Where is the closest spot to get a drink from the beach. The post above siad The Rex is on Pink Gin Beach is that correct.

As for beach chairs.....are there extras around to ask the staff if none available on the beach.

Thanks

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,387 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st timer - how are the beaches at the Rex?

Check for yourself:

threebestbeaches.com/grenada/2007/02/pink-gi…

There is some info about Aquarium Beach Club and Restaurant..

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
2,239 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st timer - how are the beaches at the Rex?

Thanks.....good info and now I know it is called Pink Gin Beach.

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,721 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st timer - how are the beaches at the Rex?

I believe that the Rex is actually on Magazine beach, whilst La Source is on Pink Gin, just down the road a bit nearer the airport. A few of the beaches in Grenada go by aliases like Mourne Rouge aka BBC beach or Parc a Boeuf aka Dr Groom's (they kind of run into each other) and can make it a bit confusing, at least for me.

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
385 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1st timer - how are the beaches at the Rex?

Im actually sat on te beach now, with my netbook. Hotel will make available loungers as needed. There is a store of them nearby.

I dont care what this beach is called, all that I know, is that the sea is gently crashing onto the soft white sand, whilst the sun is keeping me HOT HOT HOT....!!!

It would be just perfect if there was a beach drinks service, as the bar is a 100mtr walk, and up a set of stairs, and Im thirsty again...

Banana Kow I think..!!

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
2,239 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1st timer - how are the beaches at the Rex?

Enjoy your vacation...........I agree whatever it is called I am ready for it........arriving on Sun.............just give me a beach, lounger and heat and I am happy!!!!!

9. Re: 1st timer - how are the beaches at the Rex?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2010, 12:16
Get answers to your questions about St. George's