We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hurricane Irma

long island
Level Contributor
301 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Hurricane Irma

Wondering how Guadeloupe was affected by Irma.

Any news?

14 replies to this topic
Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Hurricane Irma

Thank you for this, I hope everyone gets back to normal. Good new that Deshaies is recovering

Guadeloupe
Level Contributor
165 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Hurricane Irma

Le Gosier is also recovering well from Maria's visit - there were lots of fallen trees and billboards on the street yesterday, but buildings were fine (aside from those in the inland neighborhood of Belle Plaine, which has flooded badly). I suppose there's also just minor damage in St. Anne and St. Francois. The areas hit the worst include the Les Saintes islands (which had quite a few waterfront houses torn apart) and the Southern parts of Basse Terre island, including the capital of Basse Terre. Hopefully the communities will all pull together and get back up and running soon. So far I've heard of one sure death in Guadeloupe (a guy who went walking outside during the storm and got hit by a tree), and two presumed deaths (a boat went missing off the coast of La Desirade with two onboard).

1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: Hurricane Irma

@MamaKuku: Do you know if Tendacayou is still intact? They are so exposed up in the hills!

It'd break my heart if something happened to them!

Edited: 21 September 2017, 16:03
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
781 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Hurricane Irma

Videos of Hurricane Maria in Guadeloupe: lci.fr/societe/ouragan-maria-l-archipel-des-… The headline, translated into English, is: "IN IMAGES, IN PICTURES. Hurricane Maria crosses Guadeloupe, "black out" on the island of Les Saintes"

By the way, you can use this website to translate entire websites into English: itools.com/tool/google-translate-web-page-tr…

Just copy and paste the website's URL into the box.

Reply to: Hurricane Irma
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted