We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental.

Cambridge, United...
7 posts
Save Topic
Car rental.

Hi , going to Guadeloupe in February , Any suggestions for car rental, want to pickup car at the airport and drop off at the car ferry at Trois Rivieres . If I can only return the car at the airport , what is the best way to get to the ferry. I also need to get from the ferry to the airport. Would a taxi be expensive, what's the public transport like.

André

2 replies to this topic
Boston
Level Contributor
228 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental.

We've often just held onto our rental car and left it parked at the ferry, but it always seems wasteful especially for a whole week but the price isn't much different and you get to plan your own route and stops along the way. Alternatively you can contact someone like 'Guadeloupe Shuttle' that offers airport transfers for around 100 euro each way and has a nice English website. I'm not sure the taxi rate, but they are not cheap.

Or others have suggested that if you are doing an overnight at Trois Rivieres to line up with the ferry schedule then you might check with your hotel in Trois Rivieres because some help out with airport pickups.

Cambridge, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental.

Will be on Le Saints for a week so bit of a waste to have a hire car sitting in a car park all that time . Not having much success on line with getting information on the local public transport. Will have a look at Guadeloupe Shuttle. Thanks

Reply to: Car rental.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Guadeloupe