We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental

Montréal
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Car rental

Hi!

Planning a trip to Anse Aux Rochers next winter and I would like some pointers on Car rentals. Not looking to break the bank, but I need something I can pick up at the airport and that would fit all our luggage, 5 people.

Thanks

6 replies to this topic
C C
Cambridge, VT
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental

We are looking to rent a car for 13 days January/Feb in Saint Francios. We've rented from Styx at airport last year and they were great, but we arrive late at night and dept early. We ve arranged for a car service to pick us up and drop off at airport but want car rental during our stay in Saint Francois. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Cary

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
763 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental

Try a local agency that will let you pick-up/drop-off pretty much anywhere on the island. Look through the forum for suggestions of local services, or send me a private message and I'll try to help.

Stuttgart, Germany
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rental

We are here and have rented a car from a small private company, Location-Voyageur.com. Aline & Thierry have 21 vehicles they rent. They met us at the airport with a great vehicle and are picking it up from us in St. Francois. They are based in St. Anne. Lovely couple and easy to work with.

Hanover, New...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Car rental

Whatever you do, do NOT use Enterprise Car Rental at the airport. They are dishonest, have NO customer service and no oversight by Enterprise Corporate. Although I've always had good service within the US, was shocked by the horrible service in Guadeloupe.

Boston
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car rental

We just got back from ten great days in Deshaies. We rented from Avis which provided excellent service and price. We picked up the vehicle on Thursday evening and returned it on Sunday morning. The total cost for ten days was 650 euros,which included extra insurance and an extra driver fee. The deposit was 850 euros, all very reasonable.The vehicle was a Nissan Note( Versa) with a manual transmission, a great little car. For two of us it was a great size with plenty of pep to make it up the hills and the switchbacks on Basse-Terre. Our flight back to Boston left at 8am, so we dropped of the car at 6am. The Avis office opened promptly at 6am, which was a surprise. This was the office where you actually pickup and drop off the cars, not the booths in the terminal, so it was very straight forward. No searching for the right lot or a place to drop off the keys. We were checked out promptly and our deposit was credited on the spot. After check out we were shuttled over to the terminal to check in at Norwegian. There is also a 24 HR automated gas station right in the drop off area that works on Credit Cards. It is even able to recognize the origin of you credit card (US, French, whatever ) and gives you instruction in the appropriate language. I didn't see any other rental places open at that hour so Avis turned out to be a really good choice for us.

Christ Church...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car rental

I was looking for the rental car website you listed but I can't seem to find it,do you have a telephone number,that I can probably call them?

Reply to: Car rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Saint Francois
Recent Conversations