We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Kingston Jamaica

Greater London...
3 posts
Save Topic
Hotels in Kingston Jamaica

Hi All,

I want to stay in a hotel in Kingston, could any of you recommend a good one to go to? I want a young a lively hotel and ideally all inclusive. Basically I would love to go to a hotel like the RIU in Montego Bay or Ochi so if anyone could recommend any similar hotels that would be great.

Thanks in advance

5 replies to this topic
United States
Level Contributor
11,810 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels in Kingston Jamaica

"could any of you recommend a good one to go to?"

Three hotels that I can recommend are The Spanish Court, Terra Nova, and The Jamaica Pegasus.

"I want a young a lively hotel and ideally all inclusive."

As far as I know there are no all inclusive resorts in Kingston. None of the hotels listed above are AI.

"Basically I would love to go to a hotel like the RIU in Montego Bay or Ochi"

Ochi is a resort town and the RIU is located on the beach.

Kingston is a place to go for business, shipping, banking, interacting with the Government of Jamaica, etc. and not a resort town. Hotels in Kingston are not resort hotels but business class hotels. The nearest resort hotel that I could recommend is Strawberry Hill which is north and east of Kingston about 12 miles (straight line distance, much farther by road) and about 2300 ft. up from sea level with great views of the city below. If you are looking for "a hotel like the RIU in Montego Bay or Ochi" then you probably will need to go to Ochi to find it.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
109 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels in Kingston Jamaica

Check out Pegasus and Spanish Court.

Greater London...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels in Kingston Jamaica

Great, thank you for the advice

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,037 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels in Kingston Jamaica

The only hotel that offers an all inclusive plan in the area is Strawberry Hill in the Blue Mountains overlooking Kingston. Some packages include breakfast and a dining credit.

Any hotel in the city may include breakfast but that's it. There are no hotels on a beach in Kingston. Within an hour there are, but not all inclusive.

If you want to explore Kingston but still be on a beach, consider hotels in the Portland area. Very few are all-inclusive but there are a couple, very high end (Geejam and Trident both offer some meal plans I am pretty sure). Many lovely hotels that have onsite restaurants that are very reasonably priced.

There ARE tourist attractions in Kingston, contrary to what thevinnie says, it's not all business there, not at all. People go for culture, nightlife, high end dining, anything you'd do in a large city anywhere. Kingston is the largest English speaking city in the Caribbean. There is a lot to do there. But none of it is within a resort, it's all out in the city.

Edited: 13 September 2017, 00:29
Saint Cloud...
Level Contributor
166 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels in Kingston Jamaica

We've stayed at the Terra Nova (our favorite), the Courtleigh, Knutsford Court, and the Four Seasons in Kingston, one little place in port royal (don't recommend), and strawberry hill and a guest house up in the mountains. Strawberry Hill is gorgeous and the food is great, but it's quite expensive. The Terra Nova has an amazing breakfast buffet that's included. They did have a bar with live music when we were there- I think it was jazz- but we're old farts and don't get into the night life too much.

Reply to: Hotels in Kingston Jamaica
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted