We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hurricane Irma

Peterborough, Canada
7 posts
Save Topic
Hurricane Irma

Hello,

We ar anticipating flying into MB it head to Negril on September 13...I know Irma will have passed by then but am wondering if anyone can provide some insight into if there will still be poor weather due the hurricane moving into the US? Trying to avoid rain, wind and surges.......Any feedback would be wonderful and appreciated

4 replies to this topic
Chambersburg...
Level Contributor
2,758 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hurricane Irma

You are traveling in rainy season regardless so I would stop worrying about it. we went to mobay just a few weeks after Matthew and everything was fine.

Oak Ridge, Tennessee
Level Contributor
243 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hurricane Irma

I flew out of Montego Bay yesterday and it was sunny and nice, I think Irma will be too north to cause any problem

Surrey, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Hurricane Irma

Hi there,

I am going to Negril on sept 26, please let me know how conditions are if you ended up travelling there today!

Thanks

Castleton, United...
Level Contributor
3,166 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hurricane Irma

Hurricanes occur in the Caribbean during hurricane season and rain occurs throughout the year - it's the tropics.

We are presently sailing the Aegean where the weather is superb, as it has been since May. we are staying in Jamaica for a month over Xmas & the NY. Horses for courses.

Reply to: Hurricane Irma
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted