We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Split time: beach and cliffs

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
841 posts
56 reviews
Split time: beach and cliffs

If we wanted an adults only property in March, where is the best spot for a smaller property with quiet and safe beach to stay for a few nights. AI or non-AI.

I have a few places on my radar for the cliffs, but would love some beach property feedback.

Unsure of budget. I usually look at places that pique my interest and then go from there...

We did a quick four night trip in December and loved our stay at Sunset at the Palms, but crave that water view! We are looking forward to returning to Negril.

Thank you!

6 replies to this topic
Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont, Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
9,690 posts
93 reviews
1. Re: Split time: beach and cliffs

The only adult-only places I know of are the AIs, like Couples (CN & CSA), Hedo, Sandals, and portions of a coupe others. The most quiet is probably Couples Negril - which you're probably familiar with from your SATP stay. Hedo's C/O beach & Sandals' beach are also typically quiet - since there's little foot-traffic by vendors & tourists.

michigan
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Split time: beach and cliffs

Couples Swept Away is on Long Bay, which sounds like the beach that you want. Idle Awhile Beach and Villas are great, but you may seem a child here and there. Charlea is also great, but once again children are allowed.

North Lewisburg...
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
165 reviews
3. Re: Split time: beach and cliffs

Idle Awhile Beach. Only 16 rooms. Awesome staff.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont, Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
9,690 posts
93 reviews
4. Re: Split time: beach and cliffs

Most of Long Bay doesn't qualify as a "quiet" beach...… except for the far northern end, by Sandals & Hedo. CSA & Idle Awhile are on a much busier part of the beach, with lots of foot traffic. Great part of the beach.... but not quiet. :)

ohio
Level Contributor
306 posts
23 reviews
5. Re: Split time: beach and cliffs

I would suggest Nirvana possibly. It's not adults only, but due to the fact they don't have a pool there aren't many children there, and the beach is very wide so you can get a nice spot away from the hustle, and bustle of the venders etc.

North Lewisburg...
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
165 reviews
6. Re: Split time: beach and cliffs

I guess I feel like Idle is quiet because of such a small boutique hotel. Very few guests on the area of beach . We were there over Thanksgiving and maybe 16 sitting out in chairs at a time. I seen 2 little kids for a few days. Vendors only came up to us if we motioned them up. Very relaxing. Much more then a large AI.

Reply to: Split time: beach and cliffs
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted