We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Country Country

columbus, ohio
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Country Country

I'm staying at Country Country in Negril. Anyone been there before? What fun spots are close by that I should go to (w/in walking distance)? Is walking on the beach at nigh ok?

Also, I'm staying in just a regular room, does anyone have a room number that's great that I should request?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Country Country

Margaritaville is 2 doors down but it's an expensive tourist trap. All other bars/clubs are quite a hike down the beach which would include Roots Bamboo, the Jungle, Alfred's and Bourbon Beach. There are other places that are popular for hanging out too like White Sands, 23/7 and the Boat Bar. I would not recommend walking alone, or even as a couple, on the beach at night anymore. You are best to take the road if walking late.

Have a look at the New Negril Map on negrilinfo.com.

Mentioned in this post
Roots Bamboo
Roots Bamboo
72 Reviews
Jamaica
Bourbon Beach Hotel
Bourbon Beach Hotel
126 Reviews
Jamaica
White Sands Negril
White Sands Negril
1,005 Reviews
Jamaica
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Utah
Level Contributor
123 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Country Country

We just came back from Country Country in November. Great place to stay. I second everything BP said. Margaritaville is not worth it. Also, Ossie's jerk stand right across the street from CC is great. One other thing...get a route taxi outside the gates to go anywhere. The driver they have at CC is a really nice guy, but way too pricey. Try Rockhouse up on the cliffs for dinner one night if you get a chance. People were telling us how expensive it was, but they have great food in an awesome setting for the same price (probably even less) as a night out at home here in the states at Outback or Chili's. Hope you have a great trip!

Mentioned in this post
Rockhouse Hotel
Rockhouse Hotel
1,181 Reviews
Jamaica
New York City
Level Contributor
270 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Country Country

I loved Country Country--the breakfast that came with the stay was great! I stayed in one of the cottages, so don't know about the rooms. I walk on the beach alone sometimes at night (always at least once in my last 5 trips) and have never had a problem or felt unsafe. The properties on the beach are side by side and almost all of them are lit and have security guys on duty, I always felt safe. But cabs on the road are easy to catch if you don't feel comfortable walking alone. If you are a woman walking by yourself, chances are you'll get propositioned by more than one Jamaican guy--but a no thanks is usually well-taken.

Toronto Canada
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Country Country

We stay in the premium cottage which we just love. We always walk the beach either 2 or 4 of us during the day/night with never a problem but never tried walking alone. As mentioned before the Boat Bar, White Sands and For Real are great little beach bars a short stroll away. Ozzie Jerk shack or Tree House is excellent for lunch or dinner.

Have a great trip!

Mentioned in this post
White Sands Negril
White Sands Negril
1,005 Reviews
Jamaica
Negril Tree House Resort
Negril Tree House Resort
1,440 Reviews
Jamaica
Ft. Lauderdale
Level Contributor
74 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Country Country

I really like CC... the rooms are decent but to me the breakfast included, which is awesome and the people there make it what it is... the staff really are genuine...

room 514 is the most desirable room on the property.. it is the upstairs room closest to the beach... from the porch you have a great view... I personally would take the next furthest upstairs room from the beach... I say this b/c it isn't right next to the kitchen (which 514 is) can get noisy in the morning when they are setting up for the day... I stayed in 511 the first standalone cottage and if I went back there would stay in an upstairs room instead..

I agree with BP...walking the beach at night is little different lately... I can take some hazing but there seems to be some younger nuckle head hanging on the beach at night now... We had a little run in with some of those guys and it kind of scared some of the folks we were with... a cab at night is the best way to go... especially if you are solo...

Try Cool Spot... it is a cheap restaurant with good food... it is not on the beach side down towards seasplash...

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
2,976 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Country Country

I agree with the above. Even the comments about M-ville but you can still enjoy the music and water trampoline there as well as the sporting events.

virginia
Level Contributor
64 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Country Country

I've stayed @ SATP, Couples, Country Country and Catcha Falling Star. I Loved Country Country and would go back again to stay on the beach. The beach is great, very wide, unlike down by Kuyaba & Legends.

I would agree with the others on the room number request. The Jamaican Breakfast is soo Yummy, as is the banana pancakes.

Enjoy, wish I was going.

Mentioned in this post
Catcha Falling Star
Catcha Falling Star
1,090 Reviews
Jamaica
Kuyaba Hotel & Restaurant - Negril
Kuyaba Hotel...
364 Reviews
Jamaica
California
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Country Country

We have stayed at CC twice, and loved it both times. The staff and breakfast are great, and the beach is SO pretty. We felt that the location was not bad, really. You can go to the property next door and use the pool.... just be sure to order drinks or something. Used to think that walking on the beach at night was O.K., but some weirdo followed us last time. I guess I would say not alone, if you want to be sure. We had that first cottage, which is "free standing", and with a porch. You can see the beach and hear the waves breaking. It's making me relax just to think about it! We are going next month, but trying a new spot. Hope we like it as much. Also staying at the RIU, which we have enjoyed as well. It's all good!

lancaster pa
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Country Country

When are you traveling? I just posted is anyone traveling June 9. We want to stay there so if you are going before me please let me know abouth this hotel. My email is gianna17602@hotmail.com

Bellingham, WA
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Country Country

Country Country is great. The breakfast is awesome, best banana pancakes. The bar is nice at night if you don't want to walk the beach. The girls that serve there are really nice. The rooms are excellent.

We had the most fun sitting a partying with people we met on the beach who were staying at CC. I think walking south you will find more action.

The Tree house has water sports and the guys will ask you everyday. Just tell them you will go later in the week tell them a day, say...Thursday (HA!), but do go for at least the snorkel ride. Holding out may get you a better deal. It did for me.

I wish we were staying there again. There are some cool cats (as in felines) that roam the property. You'll have a blast.

There is patty stand north, up the beach, right past the tree house. I bet once you find it you'll be going there for cheap and easy lunches. The kid who works there will have "something" to show you, but he's cool.

M-ville is alright if you need some American food. There is a great place for pizza a few doors south. I think it is called Chances, and next to that there is a small open air place that was really good and really cheap if i remember correctly.

have fun,

c.s.

Mentioned in this post
Negril Tree House Resort
Negril Tree House Resort
1,440 Reviews
Jamaica