We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

It's been way too long...but I was wondering...

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
906 posts
10 reviews
It's been way too long...but I was wondering...

It's been approximately 3 years since our last visit to Jamaica....I know, way too long, but we are returning in 64 days...can't wait!!

What I am wondering about is...do we have to buy tourist cards upon entering Jamaica?

Thanks!!

Turtle

babylon
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
1 review
1. Re: It's been way too long...but I was wondering...

What's a tourist card??

which I guess means no, you don't need one!1 lol!!!

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
15,135 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: It's been way too long...but I was wondering...

I've been going to Jamaica for 25 years and have never heard of a tourist card, much less bought one.

Perhaps you are thinking about filling out an immigration form? If so, then yes and it is combined with the customs form. Each individual in your party fills out an immigration card - one customs form does it for your whole family.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,501 posts
1 review
3. Re: It's been way too long...but I was wondering...

Some countries do have a tourist card. Jamaica isn't one of them. I think Cuba does. In any event you will be handed immigration forms on the plane that are to be filled out. Make sure you fill out both Parts 1 and 2 of the main form otherwise you will have to do it before you go through customs at the airport and may have to step out of line or else hold everyone else up. You will be given back Part 2 which you keep until your departure back at the airport.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
906 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: It's been way too long...but I was wondering...

Thanks!! I just couldn't remember. I was beginning to get all of my islands mixed up about who had the tourist cards and who didn't....like DR requires purchasing of a $10 tourist card (for people from the US) instead of a visa.

Thanks!!

Turtle

5. Re: It's been way too long...but I was wondering...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 22:18