We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jeep Wrangler: Safe to travel with bags?

Which Puerto Rico hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Jeep Wrangler: Safe to travel with bags?

We will be traveling from east to west stopping for short hikes... Is there a big risk involved in keeping the top down while our bags will be in the back?

I will use a bike lock to lock our bags to the vehicle itself as well as little locks on all of the zippers.

I'll also cover them with a tarp to conceal them and keep them from getting wet.

I would love to see Puerto Rico by Jeep. Also keep the upper top roof on to so we can travel in rain.

San Francisco CA
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Jeep Wrangler: Safe to travel with bags?

I will simply ask this. Would you post the same question for your hometown?

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
5,591 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jeep Wrangler: Safe to travel with bags?

We don't leave anything in our rental even if we lock it. And don't leave your wallet or camera in the glove compartment, locked or not.

Armonk, New York
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jeep Wrangler: Safe to travel with bags?

I wouldn't do that in Calif. driving through LA or SFO or many other cities, so I don't think it is a great idea here.

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,721 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jeep Wrangler: Safe to travel with bags?

Personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that.

Quincy
Level Contributor
94 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jeep Wrangler: Safe to travel with bags?

The car rental places actually encouraged us to leave nothing inside and the windows open so people would know there was nothing in there.

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jeep Wrangler: Safe to travel with bags?

How does that anywhere in the world?? This is just an invitation for someone to stea,l even some stupid Teens thinkng that it would be funny

Denver, Colorado...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jeep Wrangler: Safe to travel with bags?

The only time we will have our bags in the Jeep is when we travel across the island... We will be making short hikes along the way until we reach our next hotel, then we would of course unload the jeep.

It seems like an unnecessary drama to bring upon ourselves, but it's a just a Jeep thing ;)

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
5,591 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jeep Wrangler: Safe to travel with bags?

Which drama will be worse? Making the trip to the hotel and dropping off your stuff and then go hiking OR parking your jeep with ALL your stuff, going hiking and coming back to NO STUFF?? The areas you park to go hiking are off the beaten path and theives know this. Trust us.

9. Re: Jeep Wrangler: Safe to travel with bags?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 13:41