We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

helicopter transfers

Waterdown, On
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
helicopter transfers

I recently booked an online reservation with St Lucia Helicopters for transfer to Sandals Grand. Unfortunatly I have not been given a confirmation besides the initial one when I first booked, the site lead me to believe a final confirmation would be emailed to me. , Just wondering is this normal? I have emailed as well since then and received no response. I'm just a little concerned at this point and hopefully will have some reasurance sent my way.

Thanks.

Ontario
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: helicopter transfers

I myself has as well booked a heli transfer. I called the heli company myself and because of Hurricane Thomas there has been a little delay in response to emails. I was given a confirmation number. I will be traveling on Saturday, November 27 and going to Sandals Grande....Have a great trip and I hope that I was a little helpful...

Edited: 26 November 2010, 12:36
Poole, United...
Level Contributor
670 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: helicopter transfers

We have taken the helicopter transfer numerous times and haven't always received a confirmation, even before the hurricane. However they are very efficient and when you land in St Lucia you will be on the list. Enjoy it's a great trip from a very good company.

Waterdown, On
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: helicopter transfers

Thanks for the reassurance.

Ontario
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: helicopter transfers

I just called the Heli company in Saint Lucia because I was wondering about my luggage. We have to pick up our luggage and then bring it to the Heli company and they will take care of it for us. So it won't be with the Sandals resort bus. I just wanted to share this with you just incase you were wondering about your luggage.

Cheers

UK
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: helicopter transfers

Yes the luggage can take 3-4 hours to arrive, you can take your cabin bag on the helo though. So make sure you transfer anything you need for the first few hours of your holiday (swimwear, sun lotion etc), into your cabin bag.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,195 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: helicopter transfers

What is the cost, if I may ask, for the heli transfer to SGSL? We aren't going until March, but thought I would check. We are used to the 90 bus ride from MBJ to SWH, so the bus isn't an issue--but we thought this would be a good way to see the island.

New Hampshire, US
Level Contributor
65 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: helicopter transfers

It depends on which route you take, there is one that goes over the center of the island that is $145US each way. Then there is one that goes along the west coast of the island that is $155US, it is about 5 min longer and has diferent views. Check out their web site www.stluciahelicopters.com

Also be aware that they don't fly after dark, so if your flight gets in late it may not be an option. I belive sunset is about 5:30pm right now, but you can look up sunrise/set times online.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,195 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: helicopter transfers

Thanks for the info, we will look into it.

9. Re: helicopter transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2011, 12:17
Get answers to your questions about Gros Islet
Recent Conversations