We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long Bay Villas

South Carolina
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Long Bay Villas

I am considering renting one of the villa condos on the hill through VRBO, and the listing advertises that the pool is coming back in February. I am assuming that the pool they are referring to is the large pool and bar that used to be part of the old Long Bay Resort. Knowing how island time can go, I was wondering if anyone has seen any activity in that area, or has information about the timeline of that project.

7 replies to this topic
British Virgin...
Level Contributor
787 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Long Bay Villas

February of what year? Sorry, that's an old island time chestnut. I thought they filled in the old pool and were building a new, smaller one. Why don't you ask them to send you a photo of the pool? Unless it's almost done, I wouldn't count on swimming in it, if that's key to you enjoying your vacation.

Are you set on Long Bay? You might ask some of the regulars here if they have availability during your timeframe. VRBO service fees are pretty steep now, so you might be able to work a deal by going direct.

South Carolina
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Long Bay Villas

Yes, I did check with the owner, and they said that they were bringing back the old resort pool and it was slated to be done in January of 2017, but the project has been slowed down a little with an expected completion of February 2017. My trip is in early March, and a pool is important to us. Knowing how island time can impact projects, I was hoping for some information from a regular or an owner.

British Virgin...
Level Contributor
787 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Long Bay Villas

We had breakfast at Sebastian's today, but went over the hill instead of around the point. We'll probably go to West End again this week, so maybe I can look. Seriously, ask for a photo. Or get the owner to commit in writing that he'll refund your money if the pool is not ready. Otherwise you're likely to hear, "Sorry, that was the information I was given."

South Carolina
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Long Bay Villas

My fear is exactly as you said, especially since the only photos shown are the old resort photos. Thanks so much for your help!

NY
Level Contributor
13 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Long Bay Villas

So, curious, did they bring back a real pool at the hotel? Also, if you are in Tortola, could you tell me whether there is a sargasso seaweed problem? It is recurring in Mexico now. We are coming back to Tortola in June and I just want to brace myself if it looks like a repeat of summer 2015. Thanks

North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
7,312 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Long Bay Villas

I understood a smaller pool was built on the beach side of the road for use of guests staying at the LB Beach Club, is that right?

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
91 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Long Bay Villas

correct.. it is very small...

Reply to: Long Bay Villas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tortola
Recent Conversations