We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jeep rental at ferry terminal on East End

South Florida
Level Contributor
148 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Jeep rental at ferry terminal on East End

We are staying at the Scrub Island Marriott next month and wanted to know if there was a jeep rental company that could meet us at the ferry drop off on Tortola so we can explore Tortola for the day. I would like to avoid paying for a taxi on top of the rental if possible. Also, how far in advance do you need to reserve a vehicle. Any advice or recommendations are greatly appreciated.

3 replies to this topic
Culpeper, Virginia
Level Contributor
11 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jeep rental at ferry terminal on East End

If you're at Scrub Island, you can have DeDe's Car Rental meet you right at Trellis Bay. We use them when we stay on Great Camanoe which is right next to Scrub.

Baltimore
Level Contributor
78 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jeep rental at ferry terminal on East End

SuzFriedman,

We are considering the Marriott on Scrub Island and wanted to see if you can share any feedback on the property and the island as well.

Thank you

New Jersey
Level Contributor
157 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jeep rental at ferry terminal on East End

Hi DuceBaltimore - we stayed on Scrub Island for 10 days in 2016 and will be staying again for 10 days in 2018. There are no vehicles on the island and it is very quiet, which we like. Dive BVI has excursions that leave right from there, which we did 3 times. the beach is sparse and rocky. North Beach is a lovely place to hang out and read, but the reef extends pretty far out so I cooled off in the small pool there (there are larger pools in the main area. Let me know if you have other questions - we really loved it there, but we enjoy quiet places (though some of the parties on the boats that dock there can get loud!). There is a convenience store and a gift shop, but the resort is all there is. You can get the tender to Marina Cay and Trellis Bay, the latter is where you can rent cars or get the ferry to Virgin Gorda. We thought of doing that and renting a car on VG, but then decided its was less expensive and stressfull to just book a trip on Dive BVI. feel free to message me!

sláinte,

Sioda

Reply to: Jeep rental at ferry terminal on East End
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tortola
Recent Conversations