We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from cruise port to Smugglers cove?

long island ny
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from cruise port to Smugglers cove?

We are a family of 5 looking to take a taxi roundtrip from the cruise port to either Smugglers cove, or Long Bay can anyone tell me how much it would cost to hire a r/t taxi? I'm trying to decide if I should go on my own or through the cruise. TIA

1 reply
North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
7,385 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from cruise port to Smugglers cove?

$28pp roundtrip to SC, $24pp to Long Bay (West End), 1/2 fare for kids 4 - 10 yrs.

I'm not aware of the cruise lines offers an excursion to Smuggler's or Long Bay WE, is there a reason you are looking at these beaches for your day? They are less touristy because most day visitors - and cruise line excursions - just go to Cane Garden Bay and Brewers Bay.

You can also rent a vehicle and drive to both as they are close to one another. You'd want to do more research before doing that, but the coastal drive and over Zion Hill Road isn't a bad drive at all. No facilities at SC, but you can rent lounges at the Long Bay Beach Club for $5 each and there is a restaurant there.

Would suggest you research the other more accessible beaches like CGB and Brewers Bay, both are a $16pp round trip taxi. You can find descriptions of the beaches on the Tortola forum on cruise critic.

Edited: 29 April 2017, 21:45
Reply to: Taxi from cruise port to Smugglers cove?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tortola
Recent Conversations