We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toronto/Detroit Air fare

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,550 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Toronto/Detroit Air fare

We live in London,Ont. Can anyone give me some insight into air fare cost/ routes to get to Tortolla?

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,185 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Toronto/Detroit Air fare

You can to route yourself through San Juan and get a connecting flight to Tortola. Your other option is to fly into St. Thomas. From there you can either fly or take a ferry to Tortola (most people go by ferry). FYI - the airport for Tortola is aka Beef Island (airport code EIS).

Sorry, can't provide fare informatioon but you should have no trouble finding fares for your planned dates of travel on websites like Orbitz, Expedia or Travelocity or the websites for major airline that service your airports of choice.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
1,629 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Toronto/Detroit Air fare

We live in Michigan and we usually either go out of Detroit or Chicago O'hare. Both are about 2 1/2 hours from us so we do the stay, park, and fly thing. We usually go through either Miami(American Airlines) or San Juan. It is a really easy flight and connection usually. We are leaving from O'Hare to STT this Wednesday!

ontario
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Toronto/Detroit Air fare

Just booked flights with Southwest out Detroit to Lauderdale for $100pp each way. This will get you to where there will be more choices than from Ontario. All the best.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Toronto/Detroit Air fare

Just go to www.kayak.com and type in your information. I think it's the best website to look for airfare. Out of Minnneapolis, I just connect from O'hare to get to San Juan....

windsor, ontario
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Toronto/Detroit Air fare

We live in Windsor. I booked right on the American Airlines web site. It's Detroit to Miami, Miami to San Juan, San Juan to Beef Island,Tortola. There is a couple other routes that go something like - Detroit to Chicago, Chicago to ...... or Detroit to Philly, Philly to ..... but I didn't want to book those incase of a nasty snow storm. (just fly me as far south as you can!!! lol)

Approx $1700 canadian for both of us, leaving in January. Hope that helps.

USA
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Toronto/Detroit Air fare

Spirit Air out of Detroit into St. Thomas with a layover in Lauderdale. They usually have great prices but then i go in April. My usual cost is $109 each way excluding tax & airport fees. I think that is a good deal from others i've seen & with the layover your flight is usually from approx. 8am & arrive in STT at approx. 2 or 3pm. i've heard rumors that Spirit is cutting out some of there flights though! don't know fer sure. hope it's a lie!! but i have taken full advantage of their cheap flights; i just paid $38.00 US for a round trip ticket from Detroit to Ft. Myers, FL for a week (& that is including all taxes & fees)!!!! Can't wait to go!!! AHHH those sweet, sweet deals, please keep a comin!!!! Good luck!!!

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
203 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Toronto/Detroit Air fare

We live in London as well, and always fly out of Detroit rather than Toronto. Too expensive with taxes flying out of a Canadian city.

We're going to Tortola in March 2009 and have booked a flight from Detroit to St. Thomas, then take the ferry over to Tortola. Didn't look into the price via San Juan, but there are lots of travel websites where you can compare prices.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
117 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Toronto/Detroit Air fare

I just priced Spirit Detroit - St Thomas round trip for April 19 - 29 @ $384 tax, title and out the door!! OUTSTANDING!

Next visit, I'll be driving over from Cleveland for this flight.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Toronto/Detroit Air fare

Check this out. I just priced out Det. to STT...leaving April 15th and returning April 29th. The price is $279, including all fees/taxes. Damn, this would be the only time I wished I lived in Detroit!

10. Re: Toronto/Detroit Air fare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 08:19
Get answers to your questions about Road Town