We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry Service

Atlanta
1 post
Save Topic
Ferry Service

I'm visiting Long Bay Beach in February and will by taking the ferry from St. Thomas. Has anyone taken the ferry and how convenient is it to the resort?

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry Service

Take ferry from St Thomas(CA) to West End. Short ride over the hill to Long Bay. Plenty of taxis meet the ferry arrival.

Ohio
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry Service

If my plane lands in St. Thomas at 3:12 will I have enough time to catch the 4:15 ferry to Tortola? It is the last one over and I would hate to be stuck with no res. in St. Thomas. Tomorrow, Friday will there be room for ONE passenger or do they fill up on Weekends? Thanks, Jen

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
817 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry Service

Yes, definitely take the ferry out of west end without question, road town is about a 20-25min drive from Long Bay, West End is just over two hills (about 8mins to dock from resort). The ferry from West End can either take you to Red Hook or Charlotte Amalie in STT. If going to Red Hook the boat will stop in St. John on the way to go through U.S. customs.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
817 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry Service

To answer ferry question - It SHOULDN'T be a problem, however there's no way either of us can predict a flight delay or a long wait for your luggage (if you're checking bags). I suggest you carry on your luggage if possible because this will cut all your waiting time down (bags can honestly take a bit to start coming out and then it can take a bit for yours to appear). If you carry on you can go straight to the ferry dock upon leaving the airplane. There are many taxis right outside of baggage claim (about a 3minute walk from the plan typically).

5. Re: Ferry Service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 13:25
Get answers to your questions about Road Town