We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

teenagers

somerset
2 posts
Save Topic
teenagers

would there be anything to keep two teenagers, 17 & 15 happy, and where is the best hotel for them.

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: teenagers

Depends on how "high maintenance" they are. If they need to be entertained constantly, could be a problem. If they are capable of finding fun in swimming,snorkeling and limin, shouldn't be a problem.

somerset
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: teenagers

Thanks,my daughter would be happy if there were others her age (17) so if you have any hotel ideas I would be glad to have them.

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: teenagers

Hard to say what age group would be where/when. Have you given any thought to a yacht charter rather than a hotel? You'd be at a different place everyday, so if the kids are bored at one, well, you'll be at a different place the next day. Charters are actually quite a good deal when you figure in accommodations/excursions/taxi fares etc.

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: teenagers

Feel free to PM me for more info

Bettendorf, Iowa
Level Contributor
109 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: teenagers

I would say the USVI resorts would be more appropriate for kids of that age.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: teenagers

It can be somewhat "hit and miss" in terms of who will be staying on the islands at any given time. Our children have been traveling to the Caribbean for the past 6 yrs, some times with extended family and sometimes with just the 2 of us, and have thoroughly enjoyed every trip. If your children enjoy beaches a lot, I would encourage you to consider accommodations in the Cane Garden Bay area: b-v-i.com/Tortola/…cane.htm There are a variety of accommodations, restaurants, shops and they may meet some other kids their age.

Enjoy your trip, alashas http://honeymoon2.smugmug.com/

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,841 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: teenagers

You might want to consider the Bitter End Yacht Club on Virgin Gorda. Lots of teenagers vacation at BEYC with their families. The variety of included activities (sailing, snorkeling, etc) is remarkable, and the food is plentiful. The BEYC property is extensive; teens can safely move about on their own.

tortola
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: teenagers

I reccommend contacting Island Surf and Sail at Nanny Cay - www.bviwatertoys.com - depending on what time of year you are going, they offer lessons in Windsurfing and Surfing (and kitesurfing next season) - and if the seas are clam, wakeboarding and waterskiing from their location at Nanny Cay. They also have a skateboard ramp (halfpipe) on site for skateboard enthusiasts.

They could also learn to dive with Blue water divers. Day Sails for snorkelling (White Squall 2 is recommended). There are LOTS of things for teenagers to do. If you have any further questions, please ask!

9. Re: teenagers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2009, 15:23
Get answers to your questions about Road Town