We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding Locations

New York City
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding Locations

I've been doing internet searches trying to find suitable wedding locations in Tortola. I'm not a beach bride but i can't find venues on-line. Can anyone suggest a non beach location?

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding Locations

You might want to try contacting these folks:

http://www.virginmarriages.com/

Have a blessed union, alashas http://honeymoon2.smugmug.com/

New York City
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding Locations

Thank you. We were thinking of having our guest stay at Peter Island Resort. However my fiance has family in Tortola and Peter Island Resort doesn't allow non guest to attend weddings, etc. So i've been trying to find nice, off the beaten path locations like a beautiful guarden for the ceremony. reception locations seem to be the hardest to find.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding Locations

That is interesting about PI. Have you asked them that question directly, letting them know you have family who live on Tortola who will be attending the ceremony? And have you checked with them about catering your reception? PI allows non-guests to eat in their restaurants, so I think they would be willing to work with persons having a wedding there, especially since some of the guests will be staying there. PI's grounds are beautiful and are very well maintained. If you wedding is during the "low season," I wonder if you could cater your wedding at the Deadman's Beach Bar & Grill? They serve excellent food, and there is a grassy area between the restaurant and the beach:

…smugmug.com/gallery/…230421119_a7phi

Little Dix Bay on VG is a beautiful resort with a large area of gardens and grass. The food is excellent there. Have you contacted them? Again, I would simply mention that you have family on Tortola who will also be attending the wedding.

Here's another link: http://www.bviweddings.com/

You might also find some help on this message board:

www.traveltalkonline.com/forums/postlist.php…

You can post anonymously, but you cannot receive personal messages, and you will tend to get some of your most helpful info as PMs.

Good luck, alashas

San Pedro, Belize
Level Contributor
71 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding Locations

you can have non guests attend the wedding at Peter Island Resort, if you are staying at the resort.

Road Town, Tortola
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding Locations

I would definitely speak with Peter Island, as that doesnt not seem accurate. I have never heard of Peter Island, not allowing non-guests access to a wedding.

If you are looking for a wedding location on Tortola (i.e. beautiful garden) try the J.R. O'Neal Botanical Gardens. I was just there this weekend and someone was getting married on the main lawn. My uncle also got married there, its quite a nice non-beach location. National Parks Trust is in charge of the Botanical Gardens, I suggest contacting them for more information. (284) 494-2069 or the Gardens directly at (284) 494-4557.

www.bvinationalparkstrust.org/toparks_2.html

Alaska
Level Contributor
372 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding Locations

Hi. I remember several years ago when I was planning a destination wedding (Grenada, 2006), enjoying the forum The Knot - specifically the destination wedding forum! I also remember someone who had a gorgeous villa on Virgin Gorda using that as the scene for their ceremony and reception. Obviously, a it was a catered event - but quite lovely from the pictures I saw. I'm not sure how large your group is, or if a villa would work, but might be another option to look into.

There is nothing better than a destination wedding!

7. Re: Wedding Locations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2009, 13:32
Get answers to your questions about Road Town