We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Any

We have been to BVI 4 times, but never spent time in Road Town. We will have 4 hours between dropping our boat off and needing to be at the airport. We will have had two weeks of sun, beaches and boating so we would like recommendations for other things to do. Two pre-teen kids with us. Is the Botanical Gardens walking distance from Maria's By The Sea? Any interesting museums?

Mentioned in this post
Maria's by the Sea
Maria's by the Sea
303 Reviews
Tortola
Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,842 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any

There is Old Government House Museum which is the elegant former residence of the representative of the British Monarch. There is an informative guided tour which encompasses past & present, a shop & stamp museum. Mon – Sat 9am-3pm. 1 284 494 4091...it's about a 10 minute walk from Maria's By the Sea.

Sarah

Mentioned in this post
Maria's by the Sea
Maria's by the Sea
303 Reviews
Tortola
Michigan
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Any

I like to go to the airport early, drop off the luggage and pay the departure tax, and then walk over to Trellis Bay. I call it the world's best airport lounge. I love to spend my last few hours in BVI mode instead of sitting in an airport terminal. But if you have already been there/done that then hanging around Road Town might be nicer.

Mentioned in this post
Trellis Bay
Trellis Bay
53 Reviews
Tortola
3. Re: Any

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2010, 13:15
Get answers to your questions about Road Town