We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry from West End to Charlotte Amalie

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry from West End to Charlotte Amalie

Does anyone have recent experience?

I am flying out of STT at 3:45 PM. I think there might be a ferry that departs at 12:15 PM that should get me to CA at 1:00 PM. That leaves 2:45 to clear C&I and get to the airport.

Can this work?

4 replies to this topic
east longmeadow, ma
Level Contributor
233 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry from West End to Charlotte Amalie

It's possible, but not a slam dunk guarantee. American now requires 3 hour advance check in. I would take the 10AM.

Spencerport, New...
Level Contributor
613 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry from West End to Charlotte Amalie

Agreed, it is possible, but not a choice I would make.

We frequent Jost 2-3 times a year, coming and going through STT. We would not be comfortable trying to take that ferry. The line at C&I in St Thomas at Charolette Amalie, can be quick, but it also can be long and drawn out.

Keep you island vacation and vibe going stronger, and come over on the earlier ferry and have a nice lunch on St Thomas.

Happy Planning

Boston
Level Contributor
6,558 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry from West End to Charlotte Amalie

Agreed, take the earlier ferry. You can leave your luggage at the taxi stand by the ferry.

South Portland...
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry from West End to Charlotte Amalie

We are recently back from Tortola West End by ferry. Keep in mind you basically clear customs twice, once at the dock as you depart the ferry and then at the airport before then to have to clear security to get to the gate area. There is the taxi ride needed from dock to airport. All can involve lines and can eat time.

If you live on the edge and have minimal fear of time mentally its probably a can do, however we agree with the others, take the earlier ferry, relax, then if you feel you have the time, leave your bags with the taxi and maybe take a stroll into the nearby shopping district in CA. There is not much at the airport. The taxi guys will give you 'time' advise as well.

Reply to: Ferry from West End to Charlotte Amalie
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about West End