We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near POS

WA
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel near POS

We are flying to Tobago but airline cancelled all late evening flights so we have to stay in Trinidad to fly out early next morning. Recommendation for a safe easy hotel to stay at near POS?

Mentioned in this post
Tobago
Tobago
Trinidad and Tobago
Trinidad
Trinidad
Trinidad and Tobago
9 replies to this topic
Oxfordshire, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near POS

I am sure you will get a response forum but you could post the question on the Trinidad forum also. I would have a quick look on Tripadvisor and get one local to the airport to save you each way taxi fares and travel time into POS. What do the airline recommend, they must have a hotel they use if flights are delayed etc

Mentioned in this post
Trinidad
Trinidad
Trinidad and Tobago
Trinidad
Level Contributor
22 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near POS

Hyatt Regency is a high-end hotel with excellent customer service.

There are other options such as Holiday Inn and Regent Star closer to the Airport.

WA
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near POS

Thanks! Holiday inn is our go to, but they are all booked. I will check the others though!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
9,410 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel near POS

The airport designation, POS, is not considered near the city of POS. You don't want to stay in the city as it may take an hour or more to get to the airport depending on time of day.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
819 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel near POS

Regent Star is where I stayed last two times. Right beside Piarco airport....clean and the food from the bar was good. NO issues with this hotel for a layover,

Trinidad
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel near POS

Was just about to say Regent Star.

Near airport and near port of spain are two different places.

Porto, Porto...
Level Contributor
129 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel near POS

runway closure at crown point has been reduced from 8 hours a night to 4, so some flights back on plus LIAT also flying the route, I think booked thru CAL

WA
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel near POS

We ended up at The Grand Diamond just a few minutes from the airport. Much cheaper than Regent Star. Driver picked us up, took us to get dinner. Room is spotless, very nice and feels safe. Great service! Highly recommend!

Port of Spain...
Level Contributor
162 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel near POS

good to hear that, best regards.

Reply to: Hotel near POS
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted