We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which place to choose?

Cornwall, England
Level Contributor
215 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Which place to choose?

I can’t find many reviews on Johnston Apartments, Bananaquit Apartments, Belleviste Apartments and Surfside Hotel, all of which are in the right location but I can’t decide where to stay. I would appreciate any views to help in making a decision.

gbysea

Mentioned in this post
Johnston Apartments
Johnston Apartments
107 Reviews
Tobago
Bananaquit Apartments
Bananaquit Apartments
170 Reviews
Tobago
nyc
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which place to choose?

I stayed at bananaquit last year and was very nice,it's a two level split apt with large bedroom and bath on upper floor.Full kitchen with nice sitting area on lower floor,you also have full use of the pool next door,nice courtyard.

Tobago
Level Contributor
275 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Which place to choose?

I would steer clear of Surfside. Bananaquit is a reliable choice, although Johnston is popular because it is located right on Store Bay - not my idea of fun but depends what you are looking for.

Mentioned in this post
Bananaquit Apartments
Bananaquit Apartments
170 Reviews
Tobago
Johnston Apartments
Johnston Apartments
107 Reviews
Tobago
Store Bay
Store Bay
351 Reviews
Tobago
Cornwall, England
Level Contributor
215 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which place to choose?

Hi

It sounds like it is a toss-up between Bananaquit and Johnston. Thanks for your help

regards

gbysea

Mentioned in this post
Bananaquit Apartments
Bananaquit Apartments
170 Reviews
Tobago
Johnston Apartments
Johnston Apartments
107 Reviews
Tobago
Arundel, United...
Level Contributor
427 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which place to choose?

I stayed at both Banaquit and Johnston Apartments in February.

They are both really nice and I would stay at both again. Banaquit Apts are nicely decorated, very convenient for shops & short walk to Store Bay beach. You only get two electric rings though so not so good if you want to cook. Small secluded garden and friendly owners.

Johnston Apts are more expensive. Their position is superb with direct access down the cliff to Store Bay beach. They are set in the garden of Crown Point Beach Hotel so you can ust the pool and gardens and enjoy the view towards Pigeon Point and watch the sunsets. Our apartment was on the ground floor and was huge. It had a large living room / kitchen (full size cooker) and separate bedroom. Only downside is the decor which is a bit dated. You also have the Store Bay beach shacks with their tempting cheap local food right on the doorstep.

Security in both places is good and I felt safe in both.

Mentioned in this post
Johnston Apartments
Johnston Apartments
107 Reviews
Tobago
Store Bay
Store Bay
351 Reviews
Tobago
Crown Point Beach Hotel
Crown Point Beach Hotel
355 Reviews
Tobago
Pigeon Point Beach
Pigeon Point Beach
1,054 Reviews
Tobago
Cornwall, England
Level Contributor
215 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which place to choose?

Wow ! Thanks for a wonderful report just what we were hoping to get, now we know were to chose. many thanks once again.

gbysea

Belfast
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Which place to choose?

Hi

I am going to Tobago in September and have been scouring the net and came across this web site www.mytobago.co.uk and it has a vast amount of information.Have a great holiday.

Mentioned in this post
Tobago
Tobago
Trinidad and Tobago
7. Re: Which place to choose?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 12:26