We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

turtle watching

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
turtle watching

Hello,

We're going to be in Grande Riviere in early August. Is there still a chance to see the leatherback turtles laying their eggs at that time, or will we be too late?

cfc
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: turtle watching

Hi

yes you will be too late im sure.Search the web for natureseekers Matura.The leather back project is run from there which is Trinidad.I have seen them between March and June in Tobago.

cfc

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: turtle watching

Thanks!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
830 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: turtle watching

Hi kssAntiqua.... please see the following...for info..might be helpful

http://www.sos-tobago.org/

they can put you in touch with the right resources

Trinidad
Level Contributor
831 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: turtle watching

Natureseekers are a good tour group. August may be late for laying eggs but you may be able to see some hatch.

Trinidad&Tobago
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: turtle watching

Hi there, my name is Clinta and a group of us not too long returned from Mathura where we saw five turtles come up to lay. I know for sure that the eggs begin hatching around end June and July. Is this your first time in Trinidad. You can write to me on clindesuzy@hotmail.com

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
830 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: turtle watching

old thread folks...

7. Re: turtle watching

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2009, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Northeast Coast
Recent Conversations