We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Osprey Beach Hotel-More Questions

las vega, nv
Level Contributor
490 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Osprey Beach Hotel-More Questions

Been researching the Bahamas as well as Grand Turk, I keep coming back to the Osprey. I read a negative post (last November) indicating the property was run down and the beach had a lot of debris. Can anyone (who has been there just recently) clarify these issues? This resort is not noisy, is it? We love small, quiet botique resorts, with good swimmable beach and tooling around the island in a golf cart. Does Grand Turk fit the bill or should I go back to the Bahamas? Please help!

Ronkonkoma, New York
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Osprey Beach Hotel-More Questions

I stayed twice at the osprey for 1 night each time. I would go back, if that is any indication. We were there before the cruise ship center opened so I can't comment about that but i'm still eager to return. We did enjoy our stay.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
15,845 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Osprey Beach Hotel-More Questions

I stayed there Aug. 2008, then hurricanes hit in Sept. Maybe the review was from someone who stayed after the hurricanes and before it was cleaned up? (it took a while for the island to bounce back.)

I recently went through it this past January, it seemed it's old glorious self.

I think Grand Turk would fit the bill-except I don't think they have golf cart rentals. You can rent bikes and cycle around, or walk, it's small. Golf carts can be rented at the cruise port, but usually a cruise ship has to be parked. Don't worry, although a small island, staying at Osprey you'd never know there was a cruise port! Maybe Fridays you can tell, when it has 2 ships, but you could day trip to Salt Cay that day anyway-now that's an island where you get around on golf carts. Also, Salt Cay has North Beach, probably the prettiest beach of them all, and all to yourself.

I have been to plenty of Out Islands in the Bahamas too. Out Islands would suit your needs, but only a couple of them. Harbour Island you get around in golf carts and has a gorgeous beach, but be warned, it's fairly expensive. Elbow Cay in the Abacos also you can go around in golf carts. It has a pretty town and nice beaches and a lighthouse, but you need a boat to get to other small islands, such as Great Guana Cay for pig roast Sundays at Nippers.

Grand Turk's beaches are clean, no debris as I could see in Jan.

las vega, nv
Level Contributor
490 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Osprey Beach Hotel-More Questions

Thank you for the encouraging replies. Yes, Harbor Island seems expensive for the resort rates (anything decent starts at $325.00 per night) and it seems it would take about the same travel time to get to Grand Turk as Harbor Island. I'm sure I'll have more questions for you Grand Turk experts as we have never been there.

Gloucester, Ma
Level Contributor
58 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Osprey Beach Hotel-More Questions

Hello out there!

I have a question about Grand Turks. I was on line and saw a place called "Brians House" for rent by the week or month. The gentelman who ownes it is profiled as a past manager of a Inn on Salt Cay .

Does any one know anything about this Rental?

5. Re: Osprey Beach Hotel-More Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2010, 13:29
Get answers to your questions about Grand Turk