We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Selectios and Crime Rate

las vega, nv
Level Contributor
490 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Selectios and Crime Rate

OK, two totally different subjects, but after reading some posts, wanted to address both.

Is it true that on Saturday and Sundays (unless a cruise ship is in port) the only restuarant open on the island is at the Osprey Hotel? How many total restaurants are there on the island?

I read a (only one) post that crime against tourists is getting out of hand on Grand Turk? The US advisory does not state anything alarming. And we know, of course, to exercise common sense when traveling abroad.

Off the issue, can you rent a golf cart on Grand Turk?

Thanks!

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,041 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Selectios and Crime Rate

The Restaurant at Bohio, Saltraker Inn and Sandbar should all be open as well as others. I think the cruise port will be closed when no ships are in. I would not worry about crime on Grand Turk unless you plan to be in a more remote "locals" bar drinking or wandering a remote area after dark. Golf carts were available on my last visit. Horseback rides on the beach are also fun on "non" cruise ship days. Maybe by checking some business web sites you can get addtl info.

Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Selectios and Crime Rate

Some restaurants are nearly always open on Grand Turk but it is an art form to find the 'right' one. no Sand Bar saturdays, no Chinese sundays, music venues most nights. new deli, Joan's Place, is open with great salads and sandwiches and take out on Saturdays. You will never starve and the challenge is in finding the 'in' spot - not the same every week. Bohio now has band music and bbq on saturday nights. The Osprey Beach Hotel is the standby for a bbq dinner and good rake and scrape band music on Sunday night. Your best find though could be locals grilling conch on the seawall? When cruise ships are in check out Jack's Shack on the beach North of the cruise center.

3. Re: Restaurant Selectios and Crime Rate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2010, 12:17
Get answers to your questions about Grand Turk
Recent Conversations