We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving to the Island

midwest
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Topic
Moving to the Island

So I am interested in making a move/very extended visit to Grand Turk. Where should I start? I have a passport and will be ready to move this summer. How do I go about locating a place to rent for 6 monthes that is not a vacation spot? I dont need any pampering and am used to roughing it. I need a change from my life here and what better than T&C! I would hope to be able to work but am looking into the work visa thing. Any suggestions or concerns please feel free to post!

Providenciales
Level Contributor
1,306 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moving to the Island

Please note, that you can only come for up to a 30-day period (this can be extended twice, 30 days extra each time). You will then be required to leave, although you ca come back and start the process all over again. You are not allowed to apply for a job while you are here as a visitor. There are no work visas, but there are permits that an employers can apply for. Work permits are specific to the employer, and not a general "permit to work anywhere". You can find short/medium term rentals online at most of the real estate companies, or the TCI E-News.

2. Re: Moving to the Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

We're sorry - the TripAdvisor staff closed this topic because TripAdvisor does not facilitate discussions about relocation or real estate purchases because these topics are not considered to be travel-related.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2010, 04:53
Get answers to your questions about Grand Turk
Recent Conversations