We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Duration of Travel from West Coast?

las vega, nv
Level Contributor
490 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Duration of Travel from West Coast?

Has anyone actually traveled from the West Coast to Grand Turk (and more specifically the Osprey Hotel)? I am attempting to determine the number of travel hours involved, the number of 'stops' involved and the amount of time from the airport to the hotel.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,770 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Duration of Travel from West Coast?

West Coast is huge, I can only assume you mean from Las Vegas.

Las Vegas to Miami, probably 4-41/2 hours. Miami to Provo 1 1/4 hours, then 25 minute flight to Grand Turk.

Miami is probably your best bet, as they have 3 flights a day. Hard part is arriving early enough to meet a connection to GT-you may have to overnight in Provo.

There are numerous daily flights from Provo to GT, with the last one being around 5:30 pm.

Since you've never been, I highly suggest after your overnight having a later connecting flight, so you can lay eyes on that gorgeous Grace Bay Beach.

Grand Turk
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Duration of Travel from West Coast?

Also, once you take the 25 minute flight from Provo to Grand Turk, the Osprey Beach Hotel is only a very short (~10 min) taxi ride from the airport.

3. Re: Duration of Travel from West Coast?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2010, 13:24
Get answers to your questions about Grand Turk
Recent Conversations