We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

White Sands Resort -- Any problems with cruise passengers?

Siesta Key, Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
24 reviews
Save Topic
White Sands Resort -- Any problems with cruise passengers?

My wife and I will be vacationing on Provo at Coral Gardens for a week next winter and would like to go to Grand Turk for a few nights.

White Sands Beach Resort looks nice and seems like something we would like, but we are concerned that the beach will get overrun with passengers from the nearby cruise terminal. Has anyone been there when the cruise ships are in port? Also, are there any other nice beach resorts on Grand Turk we should consider?

Mentioned in this post
Grand Turk
Grand Turk
Turks and Caicos
White Sands Beach Resort
White Sands Beach Resort
15 Reviews
Grand Turk
Grand Turk
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: White Sands Resort -- Any problems with cruise passengers?

White Sands is located immediately next door to the cruise ship terminal, so you might prefer to consider one of the beachfront hotels, inns or guest houses in town.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: White Sands Resort -- Any problems with cruise passengers?

I am staying at the White Sands right now. It is an outstanding resort! I have been here while cruise ships are docked at the adjacent port, and there is no problem at all. The cruise passengers stay on their side, and there is plenty of beach exclusively for the White Sands guests. Moreover, having a ship in port is a bonus for the White Sands guests, as the port restaurants, bars, and shops are open then. You can eat, drink, and buy as you please--except for the duty free stuff, of course...

I will definitely return to the White Sands!

3. Re: White Sands Resort -- Any problems with cruise passengers?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2011, 13:16
Get answers to your questions about Grand Turk