We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Choosing a bungalow at Staniel Cay Yacht Club

Connecticut
Level Contributor
202 posts
475 reviews
Save Topic
Choosing a bungalow at Staniel Cay Yacht Club

Hi. Does it matter much which my wife and I choose for a few days in November? Four are in a row on the water and the same price. Is there anything to choose one over others? Noise? View? Condition? Thanks. Loving all the wonderful comments about SCYC!

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
159 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Choosing a bungalow at Staniel Cay Yacht Club

Yes, the last two times we were there the larger boats did have tops. We stayed in an older bungalow and we were able to upgrade a couple of days to a larger boat. Not sure how often they are available, I guess it is when they have a vacancy in a newer bungalow.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
480 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Choosing a bungalow at Staniel Cay Yacht Club

Ask ahead to reserve a bigger boat with top ahead of your trip. They are in high demand and go quickly. I would definitely get the 17' skiff as a couple of our days the winds picked up and made it a rough ride back to Staniel Cay.

We were in Periwinkle for a couple of nights and moved to Dilly Gum for the remainder of our trip. I have to say I really enjoyed Periwinkle a lot and it was spacious and private. Dilly Gum was small but had a view of the water and boats docked at Staniel. Biggest downside to Dilly Gum (and other new ones along the water) is the open ceiling to the bathroom.

Also, if you are interested in a golf cart reserve that ahead of time as well.

13. Re: Choosing a bungalow at Staniel Cay Yacht Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2017, 12:16