We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I bring beer to staniel cay

north carolina
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Can I bring beer to staniel cay

We are taken a trip in May and flying with water makers.what is the policy on bringing beer over to staniel cay? Is there a fee going through customs in Bahamas? I was also thinking of bringing some snacks is that allowed?

Mentioned in this post
Bahamas
Bahamas
Caribbean
here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,539 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I bring beer to staniel cay

There is an $18 duty on a case of beer at customs. Not worth lugging it to the islands. You can bring some snacks as long as they are not fresh fruit or veggies, no dairy, no bulk cheese or bread, dairy etc.

Snacks like chips, nuts, granola bars etc are fine. Every must be in it's original manufacturers wrapping.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
480 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I bring beer to staniel cay

I wouldn't lug the beer if it were me. We just got home and I was surprised how reasonable the beer and liquor prices were. Wine was double if not more.

3. Re: Can I bring beer to staniel cay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2017, 12:17