We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

January

Centreville...
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
January

Would we be crazy to book in January? The timing works out for us, would be nice to escape the cold, prices are lower and it's lobster season. But one good cold front could make it too rough and chilly to enjoy. I know it's a gamble. We have only visited in Spring and summer. Any positive experiences any of you had at this time of year?

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: January

I taught first and second grade for many years. If a student was going on an adventurous vacation, I asked the parents to have the student keep a little journal on the trip. Just write a little each day and be prepared to share some info with the class upon return. No work had to be made up and we all got to share in the experience when the student returned.

Centreville...
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: January

When she was in the lower grades, that's exactly how it worked. But she will be in middle school for trip and I worry about her falling behind especially since I don't understand the way they do math these days! I could always have get some extra help if need be. But we are only talking 3-4 days off school so not a huge deal. When she had the flu last year and was off for 4 days, she had no problems getting caught up.

Thanks for your input! :-)

23. Re: January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2017, 12:16