We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Impossible to get a room at SCYC

Palm Beach Gardens...
Level Contributor
52 posts
10 reviews
Impossible to get a room at SCYC

I'm going to vent for a minute. We've been to SCYC back in 2014, it was amazing and wasn't too overcrowded at the time. I've been monitoring their website over the past month to book a reservation for end of May 2017, which would be me and my wife's 1 year anniversary as we just got married in Abaco this past weekend. I was noticing about the middle of May that cottages were already booking up a week or two out more than a year in advance. "How could this be" I thought, the website will only let you book exactly one year out. I called and left a voicemail explaining my predicament to see if they could help me out with a cottage for such a special occasion...no returned phone call, so I emailed, no returned email. So now the whole month of May is completely booked and my wife is quite disappointed to say the least. What's the trick to booking a room more than a year in advance? Has anyone stayed in Black Point? I would like some info on BP to see if that's a viable option. Is there anywhere else neat to stay down the Exuma chain other than on Great Exuma? I heard from a buddy that ran a boat down to Great Exuma last month that there were no less than 30 boats moored up off of Big Majors and there are now several companies with "go fast" boats running people up from Great Exuma so see the pigs, the club, grotto, etc. Is this tiny little slice of Paradise becoming too commercial? Rant over...

north carolina
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
11. Re: Impossible to get a room at SCYC

We just got back from staying at the orange cottage at Staniel cay!it was the best trip we above ever taken and we plan to go back.while we were there we also noticed the entire month of May 2017 was booked so we asked Jen and she said they have a wedding and they booked the entire place out !!yep I could not believe it either but she said that's why they are already booked.

Glastonbury...
Level Contributor
1,480 posts
2 reviews
12. Re: Impossible to get a room at SCYC

Besides rich and famous celebrities, who the heck has the money AND the time to have dozens, if not hundreds of wedding guests, all away from their jobs, simultaneously for an entire month???

I know a lot of people who are VERY well off financially, but almost NONE of them have much free time to enjoy their $$$.

In fact, one of my buddies who is also a private pilot, makes about 10X more money than I do. He was rather envious of all the trip I take not just to the Bahamas, but by plane to fun place places within a few hundred miles of home, all because I had about 3 times as much vacation from work as he does as well as him being married. While the numbers on his paycheck sure would be nice, I actually felt bad for him that he couldn't enjoy the fruits of his labor!

Edited: 09 June 2016, 03:08
Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,704 posts
54 reviews
13. Re: Impossible to get a room at SCYC

http://www.exumavacation.com/

We have stayed at SCYC twice and love it- so understand your wanting to be there; however, I bookmarked this website a while back because of the package deals of cottage and boat rental being a better price than renting a house on SC and renting a boat. As you said, the boat rental prices are very steep.

Take a look just in case...

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,704 posts
54 reviews
14. Re: Impossible to get a room at SCYC

PS It seems as though Bread Boy (Raymond) is either an owner or manager - we went on a day trip with him once and he is a very nice fellow, that is one of the reasons I would consider branching out and trying Black Point.

Northport, New York
Level Contributor
59 posts
126 reviews
15. Re: Impossible to get a room at SCYC

Does anyone know the name of those nearby cottages?

Harriman, Tennessee
Level Contributor
24 posts
16. Re: Impossible to get a room at SCYC

We contacted Carol and had her put us on a waiting list on a time frame we wanted to stay. She emailed us when they had a cancellation and we booked it in November.

We also considered this rental...VRBO Listing #3896752ha. Its right behind and within walking distanceof SCYC.

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,969 posts
59 reviews
17. Re: Impossible to get a room at SCYC

I used to have a list of all the other accommodations on SC but I've lost it. I think this place rents cottages: http://embraceresort.com/

18. Re: Impossible to get a room at SCYC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2017, 12:16