We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Service issues??

Lexington, KY
Level Contributor
67 posts
12 reviews
Service issues??

I booked the orange cottage for June 2017. My husband and I will be celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary. Now that we finally have a week booked, I've started reading reviews. While the majority are very positive, I read many complaining about unfriendly staff. I have no problem with waiting for a drink or food, we have been to several places in the Caribbean, but if the staff are unfriendly and ignore you, I'm not sure I want to go. Should I look elsewhere? I just want our anniversary trip to be great! We are laid back people, we don't need to be pampered. But I also don't want to be ignored or feel like I am a burden to the staff.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
6,183 posts
61 reviews
1. Re: Service issues??

I've never had a bad experience at Staniel Cay -- people are kind and friendly and go out of their way to help. As long as you are friendly, treat the staff with respect and are not overly demanding, you'll have nothing to worry about. Take the time to say good morning and the like, and you won't be disappointed. Staniel Cay is very laid back and low key, so if your expectations are the same, you'll have a great time!

Lee's Summit...
Level Contributor
158 posts
31 reviews
2. Re: Service issues??

My wife and I were there the first week of April of this year. We experienced nothing but superior service from everyone. We went there to celebrate our 5 year anniversary. Below is an excerpt from my review pertaining to our anniversary experience.

As I said earlier this was our 5 year wedding anniversary, so during dinner my wife had left the table for a minute and I asked the waiter if he could put a candle in my wife’s dessert, being the romantic devil that I am. So my wife comes back, they bring dessert and… he forgets the candle, then says “Oh I forgot the candle”, to which my wife says “Why would they put a candle in the dessert”, I’m like “they must have the wrong table”. Just as I say that the light in the dining room start flash on and off and they announce to everyone it is our anniversary and bring our desserts, both with candles. Man I did not see that coming! So the next night we were tired and just ate at the bar side, which by the way if you do not want to eat in the formal dining room, you can just order off the menu and eat in the bar area as long as it is before 9:00 PM. So the following night we decide to eat in the formal dining room. We are greeted by the hostess and she directs us to a very nice table right by the window overlooking the water and there was a champagne setup there as well. All this was SCYC still helping us celebrate our 5 year anniversary, totally unexpected, most wonderful service and every single person serving you genuinely likes being there and making your time at SCYC as special as they could. Plus, this was not their cheapest champagne, I looked on the wine list and it was their $120 bottle, which they have a $60 a bottle listed as well. Fantastic service! SCYC knows customer service inside and out.

Full review is at this link: https:/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

Lexington, KY
Level Contributor
67 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Service issues??

Thanks for the replies. I feel much better. Super excited to go. Now just have a year long countdown. :)

New Haven, Indiana...
Level Contributor
218 posts
168 reviews
4. Re: Service issues??

I agree with the other posters. I have been to SCYC twice and have never had a bad experience, everyone on the island (not just the yacht club employees) have always been extremely friendly. If your friendly to them, you will be treated the same. Renee in the office is super sweet and her mother (she will be your housekeeper) is adorable. There were numerous others that were fascinating to talk to also. I think the people that give bad reviews are expecting to be catered to as if this is some 5 star all-inclusive resort. We love this place because you don't have people constantly bugging you and your free to go at your own pace. However if you ask for something, they will gladly help you.

You will love your little orange cottage (we stayed there on both visits), in my opinion, its the best and most relaxing view at the club!!! Enjoy and happy anniversary!

Edited: 20 June 2016, 20:06
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Service issues??

You will be fine. Everyone is very friendly.

Lexington, KY
Level Contributor
67 posts
12 reviews
6. Re: Service issues??

Thank you all! I'm not expecting a 5 star resort. We just want to relax, snorkel and enjoy the scenery. Can't wait. I'm probably driving my husband nuts looking at forums and pictures and we still have a year to go.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
39 posts
7. Re: Service issues??

You will love it. As everyone else said, the service was wonderful. One evening, one of our group wasn't feeling well, so he didn't join us in the dining room for dinner. We told the hostess that evening, and she made sure his meal was packaged up so we could take it back to the cottage with us. They were always happy to help however they could. I was just there a month ago (trip review posted in another thread here) and we are already planning our return!

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
159 posts
5 reviews
8. Re: Service issues??

we have been there 3 times, just booked the fourth trip. Occasionally the breakfast services was a little slow.... a little. Other than that, everyone is AMAZING!

9. Re: Service issues??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2017, 12:17