We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AMC Medical Centre Ao Nang

Level Contributor
19 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
AMC Medical Centre Ao Nang

Firstly- we had great service here...the bill was pretty high, but my boyfriend and I were just so relieved to be feeling better (we were sick as dogs) within a day of treatment that we were happy to pay the bill.

My question is- has anyone tried to claim costs back through their travel insurance? It's my job to do tomorrow. I've read some horror stories about some clinics not being licensed...but that was awhile ago.

PS We LOVED Ao Nang- we were there in late April.

Mentioned in this post
Ao Nang
Ao Nang
Krabi Town, Thailand
13 replies to this topic
winnipeg
Level Contributor
178 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AMC Medical Centre Ao Nang

Not sure where you live, but in Canada my partner claims the dental work he gets done in Bangkok on our Blue Cross. If you have extended health coverage, out of country claims are typically covered as well (at least in Canada)

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: AMC Medical Centre Ao Nang

The worst clinics ever AVOID AMC clinic or Somboon clinic they are relatives.

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,144 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: AMC Medical Centre Ao Nang

Myself I never went to AMC, but a friend did some 2 months ago. When I said, AMC has a reputation for charging high, she said, she had to clean a bad wound daily and had to pay 650 Baht each time, what I consider reasonable. I always go to Dr. Somboon and I consider him competent and reasonable in his medical bills, as well. Anyway, I could claim it to my insurance, but never did since I didn't want to waste my time for those low bills.

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
221 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: AMC Medical Centre Ao Nang

I was pretty sick a couple of years ago & went to Dr Somboon. The service was great - much better than the NHS in the UK. I claimed on my travel insurance and the claim was successful

Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: AMC Medical Centre Ao Nang

AMC is the most horablle clinic ever.They wright good reviews for the clinic by their own:)

Aonang, Krabi
Destination Expert
for Krabi Town
Level Contributor
1,891 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: AMC Medical Centre Ao Nang

AMC and Somboon are NOT related. complete rubbish.

Somboon has a very good reputation amongst locals here

Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: AMC Medical Centre Ao Nang

Your might be right, at AMC linic told us that maybe on perpose.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: AMC Medical Centre Ao Nang

I completely agree. Somboon is a good choice. Doctors are efficient and prices are affordable.

Level Contributor
14 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: AMC Medical Centre Ao Nang

AMC medical centre my husband had acute food poisoning, said he had never felt so ill before. The Dr and nurse came to the hotel put him on a drip plus infused antibiotics did tests including bloods.. Then he had to go in for two nights as a result of severe infection shown in blood test, not like a UK clinic but came out feeling better, the food given was delicious and made him gradually able to eat again. Our insurance company paid all the bills. He is now fine we are able to continue our holiday feeling fit again.

Edited: 04 March 2018, 23:02
Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: AMC Medical Centre Ao Nang

The most horable clinic ever.

Reply to: AMC Medical Centre Ao Nang
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted