We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

prebook tickets to phi phi???

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
prebook tickets to phi phi???

hello people! I will be in Krabi airport on 15 Febr and need to go to phi phi asap as I have already booked the maya bay tour! Do I have to prebook the tickets for the ferry (the chao koh group has a ferry that departs at 10.30 that suits me great) or there is no need- even though it will be a high season (also it;s the chinese new year so i suppose it will be extra high season!)

Thanx a lot in advance anyone who will bother to answer my question!!!

6 replies to this topic
1. Re: prebook tickets to phi phi???

You can come here and book it. Many options are available and you get better rates.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: prebook tickets to phi phi???

great! I think I will follow your advice!!! Thank you very much!!!

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
13,251 posts
170 reviews
3. Re: prebook tickets to phi phi???

Sunnydays, how much better are the ticket prices if you buy when you get there, compared to booking in advance online ?.

Is there really much difference ?, just interested to know

Toronto
Level Contributor
310 posts
42 reviews
4. Re: prebook tickets to phi phi???

similar question to the OP:

ferryphuket site is showing me 382THB for a transfer between Phi Phi and Au Nang (or vice versa).

will buying locally bit this rate? (we are travelling at the end of march)

do the ferry's typically have enough room for larger groups (i.e. making sure that our group will have anough spots if buying locally)

and if buying locally, WHEN is the best time to buy so that we don't run into issues?

and can we typically buy through the hotel, or do we need to go to the pier?

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,372 posts
42 reviews
5. Re: prebook tickets to phi phi???

Hi,

Buy your tickets locally on arrival. Even if you cannot buy your tickets at the hotel there will be an agent nearby.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
112 posts
6. Re: prebook tickets to phi phi???

So how did you go about it? I have pre-booked ferries a couple times before too. I also saw the ferry prices at PhuketFerry and they are indeed very cheap. I find booking in advance less hassle for me but would love to know the price difference too. TIA.

Reply to: prebook tickets to phi phi???
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ao Nang