We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food tours or bike rentals? In La Paz

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
113 posts
70 reviews
Food tours or bike rentals? In La Paz

We are staying in la Paz two nights, hotel h, and doing tours in the morning with whale sharks.

We wanted some activities in the afternoon to evening. We are open to anything, hiking, biking, eating

I can’t find any food tours. Wondering if anyone had ideas? Maybe even their own experience where we can follow your path to different taco places you enjoyed

Also, is it possible to rent bikes for a couple of hours and ride thru town or some bike trails outside of town or the malecon?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
539 posts
1. Re: Food tours or bike rentals? In La Paz

Rancho Viejo on de Leon is a popular restaurant for tacos and other traditional dishes. They have all kinds of meat choices for tacos, even tripe, which is not my favorite but my kids always order it.

There are also lots of small family run taco stands in the neighborhoods that open around dinnertime and stay open late. These places will have a limited menu but low prices.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
7,350 posts
74 reviews
2. Re: Food tours or bike rentals? In La Paz

I remember a bike shop with rentals just off the malecon; if you're exploring around near the plaza/cathedral, you might stumble across it. Don't remember the exact location, sorry. On this map view somewhere: openstreetmap.org/#map=18/…C

The malecon is currently torn up for construction, but you can work around it. Trouble is, it's noisy and unpleasant to be near that commotion. Once out of the centro going north, there's a bike lane between the traffic lanes. Shade is scarce.

I agree on that Rancho Viejo: great tacos with quality fillings. Note there are several (3?) locations. Also loved Tacos el Estadio near the cathedral, but note they close after lunch.

EDIT: this might be the bike rental I remember: http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/986790044

Edited: 31 December 2017, 03:40
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
113 posts
70 reviews
3. Re: Food tours or bike rentals? In La Paz

Thanks so much for the info. We will check out all the taco spots

I’m bummed about the malecin being torn up. Do you think our hotel H is far enough away from the noise

We are not going until,February and have time to adjust our bookings

Montreal
Level Contributor
83 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Food tours or bike rentals? In La Paz

In La Paz right now and the Malecon is completely usable.

Some minor work remains to be done but nothing to stop cycling, roller blades, skateboarding, etc.

Being well used by locals and tourists day and night.

indianapolis
Level Contributor
501 posts
19 reviews
5. Re: Food tours or bike rentals? In La Paz

Yes the construction is actually on the other side of the street or at least it was in October. they are putting in new sidewalks so should be really nice when complete. I highly recommend the Isla Espiritu Santo day tour. you can probably do this same day as the whale sharks, we did in October with Sea & Adventures (Mar Y Aventuras) and they were great! I will be back down end of Feb and cant wait!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
113 posts
70 reviews
6. Re: Food tours or bike rentals? In La Paz

We are camping on espirtu for two days so we need ideas for stuff to do in la Paz, after we get back

I’m happy to hear the malecon is usuable

7. Re: Food tours or bike rentals? In La Paz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2019, 13:16
Get answers to your questions about La Paz
Recent Conversations