We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pueblo Bonito Renovation

Virginia Beach, VA
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
1 review
Pueblo Bonito Renovation

Has anyone stayed at PB since the renovation began in January? If so, how is it?

24 replies to this topic
Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,518 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Pueblo Bonito Renovation

We haven't been there so have no first hand info but were told by a friend that was recently that the sections being refurbished

have been isolated to create less noise & confusion.

Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
379 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: Pueblo Bonito Renovation

We heard from friends that they were renovating the rooms by the quiet pool or the south section now. We will be there tomorrow so I will try to post an update.

Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
379 posts
14 reviews
3. Re: Pueblo Bonito Renovation

We are here now and have the new part or south side shut down and have started renovation. I did not here any construction noise since I got here though. It is quieter for sure but really nice. There are plenty of chairs on the beach and you don't have to get up at 6:00 AM to save a chair.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,073 posts
27 reviews
4. Re: Pueblo Bonito Renovation

Sodak. Thanks. If you get any scoop on when the reno ill be done please post. we are planning October visit. And say hi to Mateo. He usually was on the "new' side and I hope he's still active on the "old" side during the renovation

Virginia Beach, VA
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
1 review
5. Re: Pueblo Bonito Renovation

Glad to hear the construction isn't interfering with your visit, and thanks for posting the update on the reno. Steverinoh, we saw Mateo in November and he still wasn't sure if he'd have a job once the reno started. I feel confident he is still there though.

Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
379 posts
14 reviews
6. Re: Pueblo Bonito Renovation

They say the renovation on the first phase will take 8 months but you know how that goes! I do hear some construction noise this morning. So far it looks like they have removed all the sliding doors on all the rooms and have removed bed, etc from each room.

Mateo is still working on the beach. We haven't had him yet but we have visited with him several times.

It has been really peaceful here so far. They have pictures up that show what the PBM will look like when they are finished. Very modern. We will miss some of the charm though!

Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
379 posts
14 reviews
7. Re: Pueblo Bonito Renovation

They have pictures up around the resort showing what it will look like after the renovation. It looks nice and modern. I would have to think most would agree that it was for sure time to modernize the rooms. I have heard a few people say they aren't coming back because they like it the way it is.

It appears most of the rooms on the south section are about striped. They say that section should be completed in November. Maybe!

Yesterday I noticed they started working on a room in the north section on the top floor so they must be going to continue taking those rooms apart right away also. Some noise but not too bad.

Mato is fine. He waits on us wonderfully every day. He is a great guy. He says he will be fine after all is done.

I understand many are interested in the update at PBM because it is a great place to stay. I think overall they are keeping much of the same structural look but putting a modern slant to it. Renovations are happening at several resorts down here plus new resort have gone up. Competition is increasing for sure!

Burnaby
Level Contributor
2 posts
34 reviews
8. Re: Pueblo Bonito Renovation

I saw on the West Jet website that renovations will continue until the end of 2019. I guess they will do it section by section. We usually stay near the lobby and overlooking the quiet pool, I believe this is the section they are doing now.

Burnaby
Level Contributor
2 posts
34 reviews
9. Re: Pueblo Bonito Renovation

Please note

Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan is currently undergoing renovations with an expected completion date of November 30, 2019. Throughout this process, all elements of the property including guest rooms, restaurants, lobby and pools will be updated. Phase one of the project is currently underway in the ‘Pueblito’ section of the resort - one pool, one snack bar, and Cilantro’s Restaurant will be closed until October 2018. Phase two of the project will begin in October 2018 and will include the closure of Angelo’s and Palomas restaurants, the main lobby, main pool and pool bar located in the ‘Pueblo’ section of the resort. Construction will occur Monday to Friday between 9:00am to 5:30pm and Saturdays from 9:00am – 2:00pm. Some noise may be associated with this project however all efforts will be made to minimize any impact to guests.

This is from the West Jet website

Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
379 posts
14 reviews
10. Re: Pueblo Bonito Renovation

After reading the newest update I am wondering then if the south section by the quiet pool is completed? That is the area they were working on in Feb. while we were there. Has Cilantro's been updated and now open again? If they are going to close the Palomas restaurant where do they plan to serve the buffet breakfasts? Unless they have increased the size of Cilantro's it would be hard to imagine they could serve all guests there for all meals. We really like the PBM and are making plans for next Feb. but it sounds like things might be construction mode worse than last year. Any more updates would be appreciated.

Reply to: Pueblo Bonito Renovation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mazatlan