We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Now Amber Puerto Vallarta Preferred Upgrade

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta Preferred Upgrade

Hey everyone,

We're staying at the Now Amber next week (checking in Sunday) and were trying to figure out what to make of the preferred upgrade option. I've read all the amenities differences, and understand you either get the jacuzzi on the balcony, or a swim out room. You also get the private lounge, private concierge, upgraded toilitries, etc. Get all of that...

What I'm wondering is whether or not anyone has stayed there recently, and what the Preferred upgrade offer was? I'm just trying to figure out what my expectations should be for cost, and whether or not it's worth it. Are they open to negotiation?

Thanks!!

new york
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Now Amber Puerto Vallarta Preferred Upgrade

JFS,

I haven't stayed there recently but my suggestion is this:

Email the reservations desk to confirm your reservation for Sunday. Mention in your email that you understand the Preferred Club is awesome but you really can't afford the cost to upgrade and ask them if they have any specials to upgrade to the Preferred Club. You might want to mention that you're hoping the upgrade is no more than $40 per day. More than likely, they will get back to you with either that price to upgrade or a price that's slightly higher. If you like the price they quote you, great. Tell them you want the upgrade. If you don't like the price, you always have another opportunity to upgrade when you arrive. This works for me as I generally travel during the off season.

Good luck. Let us know how you made out.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Now Amber Puerto Vallarta Preferred Upgrade

So I emailed the hotel playing dumb about the Preferred Club and asking what it cost, stating that I was afraid it was going to be too expensive for us.

They offered $80 per day for the upgrade (total of $480 for our stay), but said we could apply our resort credits/coupons toward that price. I'm not 100% familiar with the coupons, but if I understand them correctly, they're rather restricted - like $20 off a full price manicure (which is probably overpriced anyway) which can't be combined with anything else. Or 10% off a $200 spa treatment, which is something we may or may not use anyway.

So essentially they offered us $280 for the 6 nights, or $40 per night. Still not sure it's worth it for us...

Any other thoughts/advice? Is that as good as the offer will get?

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Now Amber Puerto Vallarta Preferred Upgrade

Make sure they meant you could apply all your resort credits to that price and not just the upgrade credit voucher.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
53 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Now Amber Puerto Vallarta Preferred Upgrade

After you get there or after you travel, can you let us know what you decide & how it worked out? We're going in 2 weeks & I'd love to have your opinion.

new york
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Now Amber Puerto Vallarta Preferred Upgrade

JFS,

That's about as good as it's going to get at $40 per day for the upgrade.

Like Maried said make sure you can use all of your coupons toward the upgrade. I suggest writing that person back and asking this question. Get them to confirm the $280.00 for the upgrade. Also, at $40 per night, the cost should be $240 for the upgrade. Did they quote the $280 price?

If you decide to upgrade, confirm this via email and print out the email and bring it with you.

For me, the $40 per night upgrade is worth it. Especially at night when I want a nightcap and perhaps a dessert to take up to the room with me after dinner. I've also taken a whole bottle of sparkling wine and 2 glasses to the room with me also. I just made sure to tip Mr. Benny well. Lol. He's the bartender in the Preferred Club and he's a lovely older gentlemen.

If you don't take the upgrade, they might offer a free upgrade to Secrets if you're traveling without kids.

I'm traveling to Secrets at the end of May for 3 nights to celebrate a belated anniversary. I got a pretty good deal on it also. Preferred Ocean view room. Now Amber was fantastic. I'm hoping the Secrets side is just as good also.

Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Now Amber Puerto Vallarta Preferred Upgrade

We were there last week, and when we asked what the upgrade would cost to the Secrets side, they said we could have $200 off of the upgrade with the coupons. I Imagine the same would be offered with an upgrade to preferred. We decided to stay at the Now, so can't confirm that it would have definitely worked that way, but they stated it very clearly.

FYI, we stayed in the Preferred building and it was worth it to us. In addition to everything in the brochure, we liked that we had a little less direct sun on our balcony. Also check in was faster. We arrived with about 40 people at once, but only about 6 were for preferred. If you're going without children, you might appreciate that there will likely be fewer children and less noise in the preferred building. I don't think we saw any in our building the week we were there. The upgrade was worth it to us, but I think next time, I'll put the extra money towards staying on the Secrets side. We've stayed on both sides and it was definitely calmer/quieter on the Secrets side. Depends on what you're looking for though.

bc
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Now Amber Puerto Vallarta Preferred Upgrade

what email address did you email? I have tried 2 and have had no response.

8. Re: Now Amber Puerto Vallarta Preferred Upgrade

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2014, 13:18