We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Residencies at Las Palmas - "new rental spot"

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
261 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Residencies at Las Palmas - "new rental spot"

So I saw Residencies at Las Palmas pop up on Expedia as 'new' and was thinking about it as it is clearly located at what was Las Palmas on Playa Blanca which I guess is now "Las Palmas Beachfront Villas" specifically. I assume there are multiple management companies at this location now? Anyone know about it?

Both properties have the same photos of the same property...and there is no separation of the two properties in TripAdvisor yet.

16 replies to this topic
Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,902 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Residencies at Las Palmas - "new rental spot"

Two different offerings here as I understand it Sandy.

1) the Las Palmas Condos (private ownership rentals)

2) the Las Palmas 10 suite Boutique Hotel.

Keith

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
261 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Residencies at Las Palmas - "new rental spot"

Hey Keith!

That is how I understand it as well but wanted to make sure. This must have been recent as they were never separate until 2017 I think...as the Residencies indicates "The property has an independent and finely operated restaurant and bar that is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner." So it feels like a privately owned restaurant/services that just so happen to be onsite, but no charging to your room, etc.

Might have to give it a go for a few days this December after the slam dunk Las Brisas stay to settle my "AlI inclusive/no thinking/just rest" part of the vacation!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,902 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Residencies at Las Palmas - "new rental spot"

Enjoy!!

Everything that I have heard about it has been good.

Keith

Level Contributor
451 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Residencies at Las Palmas - "new rental spot"

It is really nice - but IMO expensive. Stayed there 2 different times. $350/night back in 08 & 09 .. plus meals and drinks.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
261 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Residencies at Las Palmas - "new rental spot"

Yes, it looks very nice, but officially "Residencies" didn't exist until 2017 I believe so that is what I am trying to figure out! It is clearly a management company that is handling some of the condos and rents them on the owner's behalf as a 'new' upscale resort (or part of one).

The room we booked is a 'honeymoon suite' as it is just two of us with no family so it isn't quite $350/night like the full 1 bedroom condos start at!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,902 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Residencies at Las Palmas - "new rental spot"

As always, I'll be interested in your take on the place Sandy!!

Keith

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
261 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Residencies at Las Palmas - "new rental spot"

You got it Keith, I'll get the Las Brisas to Las Palmas review up for ya!

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
13,020 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Residencies at Las Palmas - "new rental spot"

I would also like a review if you stay there- it looks so nice....but I have always balked at the price and the location is a bit secluded for me too.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Residencies at Las Palmas - "new rental spot"

I am so confused. I stayed at Las Palmas in February 2017 and booked a one bedroom beachfront room in what I was told was a hotel portion of the property. I even spoke to the owner on the phone because I have dealt with bait and switch before and wanted assurance I was getting the room I was looking at online. Well when we got there he wasn't on site and the desk woman told us we were getting upgraded to a 2 bedroom as our room was overbooked. The 2 bedroom was a privately owned condo but was beautiful so we were ok with it. Thing is, I asked another employee about the one bedrooms on the side which I was told was the hotel portion and she told me that that particular building is also apartments but they are all owned by the same person and he does not rent them out. I stated that many of the photos on the website were of that building and she said she didn't now anything about that but that they are never rented out. She seemed to know nothing of a hotel portion and said it was all privately owned condos. We ended up looking at a few that were for sale and the person in charge of sales told us the same thing. So basically I have no clue what is going on but from what I learned in the one week we stayed there is that they are all private condos and some pf the owners rent them and the facility takes care of it and rents them out as if it were a hotel.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
261 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Residencies at Las Palmas - "new rental spot"

@PattiBrain - Totally agree that this property is now very confusing - I completely believe the run around you received. I think many folks have experienced it at lodging in Mexico (and everywhere else, but it seems a bit more common in Vacation areas of Mexico).

I emailed them (Beachfront Villas) a couple months ago and they literally said they know nothing of 1 bedrooms and made it sound like I was some yahoo confusing hotels! Obviously there are (and used to be fully available) 1 bedrooms at this property that the "Beachfront Villas" have nothing to do with now - and they were in no way going to tell me about a way to book them from some other owner. The one bedrooms are available as "Residencies at Las Palmas" on Expedia and they are listed on VRBO. TA accepted my 'new property' request for The Residencies at Las Palmas but the link they provided me just went back to the Beachfront Villas page. Oh well.

Will post back here with the confusing result of whatever happens in December!

Reply to: Residencies at Las Palmas - "new rental spot"
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted