We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Z

Maple Ridge, Canada
Level Contributor
960 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
First time to Z

Wife and I are heading down after Christmas for a week. Been several times to different spots in Mexico but first trip to Zihuatanejo. We have what seems like a stellar deal lined up at Casa Adriana. Is this place as good as it looks? Price certainly was good for the time of year! Thanks for your thoughts...

29 replies to this topic
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
3,848 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Z

You can't go wrong with Casa Adriana! It is a wonderful accommodation at the end of a dead end street- so no major traffic happening. All units have great balconies, where there are kitchettes, and face the ocean for wonderful breezes, great vistas, and amazing sunsets. We first fell in love with Zihua while staying at Casa Adriana. We met Lucy, one of the owners who handles the reservations and have been close friends ever since. This is a family owned hotel- different family members own different units. You will love it! A short stroll to centro, a shorter stroll onto La Madera beach, a longer stroll or bus or taxi ride to La Ropa beach....Zihua is yours!

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
971 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Z

I haven't stayed at Casa Adriana however we stay down the street each November. It looks like a lovely little hotel. It's at the end of a quiet street. Views will be fantastic and proximity to town and beaches is why we chose the location.

Zihua is a special place.. You'll have a great trip!

Maple Ridge, Canada
Level Contributor
960 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Z

Did a search and didn't find much on massages on the beach. I got that they are available all over Playa La Ropa? What is the current rate? Experiences?

Thanks for the help...

Edited: 16 July 2017, 09:37
Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
971 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to Z

They're available on all the beaches $200 mxp/hr is the usual price.

Maple Ridge, Canada
Level Contributor
960 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to Z

Perfecto!

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Zihuatanejo
Level Contributor
3,848 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time to Z

Have a look at Deisy's Massage on La Ropa- not a long way from La Madera, and exceptional massages with ladies who have graduated from formal training.

Airdrie, Canada
Level Contributor
906 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time to Z

I agree with Linda, Deisy's massages are awesome. My husband & I go once per week when we are there.

1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: First time to Z

Hi Linda,

thanks for the tip, How far is Laro pa from Club Med, can I walk from the club to Deisy's ?

Edited: 30 September 2017, 01:24
Maple Ridge, Canada
Level Contributor
960 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First time to Z

Deisy's it is then. Thanks so much!!!

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First time to Z

Jonathan, Club Med is a 250 - 280 peso taxi ride to La Ropa beach in Zihua where Deisy is located. You can get a good massage right there at Club Med. Or for 12 peso you can hope on the bus out on the highway in front of Club Med and go to Playa Palmar in Ixtapa where you can find a number of Massage ladies on the beach. This last February the price was 200 pesos up to 300 depending on which end of the beach you were on.

As for walking to La Ropa from Club Med, figure about 3 hours.

Edited: 30 September 2017, 02:15
Reply to: First time to Z
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted