We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places To Eat

Victoria, TX
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Places To Eat

My wife and i are visiting Zihua for the first time next month and are staying at the Hotel Cinco Sentidos. I have heard good things, anyone been there. In addition, can someone send a list of good resturaunts for the 4 nights we will be there. Something both casual and formal since it will be our anniversary. thanks

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,195 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places To Eat

Just scroll down and read the restaurant suggestions...there are hundreds of post about all the good places...Bring good walking shoes go get up and down the hills from the hotel.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Places To Eat

BSV-- please check out my Trip Report post for recent food recommendations. I don't recall seeing the Cinco Sentidos so not sure where in Zihua it's located. Also, do a search in this forum for "restaurants" and look up the posts by Peddler, TravelJudy and especially Dorado who has put together a big list. All of the major restaurants are covered somewhere in here. Have fun!

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places To Eat

Sure wish I could remember the name of the family owned place we 4 stumbled into about a block and half S and a block E of the pier for late comida in mid Dec.

All others downtown were empty, but this was full of Mexicanos, so we jumped on the first empty table.

Great Tortilla soup and whole gilled fish for $40, pesos pp.

Kau Kan was really great at the total opposite end of the price chain.

Buen provecho.

M

River Forest
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Places To Eat

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g150790-s5/Ixtapa:Mex…

Woodside
Level Contributor
630 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places To Eat

Joaquin's restaurant Caprichos on Cinco de Mayo in town has great patio dining and the best hamburger anywhere and is muy romantico!

Paty's is our standby for fresh, good and not-too-expensive food AND a day at the beach (also yoga upstairs every day at 9:30 am). Paty's is only a block from Cinco Sentidos.

We also love Julian's restaurant Mediteraneo on the Paseo downtown.

And Rufo at Rufo's on Calle Adelita can grill anything you want: finger lickin spare ribs or fresh fish or chicken.

We also like Santa Prisca on Pozole Thursday for a real fiesta in the afternoon with live music, cheap great food and loads of locals. Get there around 1pm for a seat: it gets crowded!

Don't forget the stalls in the market: some of our best meals have been there. We particularly like #30, Fonda Econonmica, run by Antonia.

It IS overpriced, but I still like Il Mare for that funky Italian feel, with their great views. The food is usually very good. You can imagine you are in Greece or Italy or Zihuatanejo!

Harriet

Victoria, TX
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places To Eat

Have you stayed at the Cinco Sentidos before?

Woodside
Level Contributor
630 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Places To Eat

No, I own a condo just up the road!

Dalla, Texas
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Places To Eat

On LaRopa beach casual:

Pattys Mar Y Mar is a great place to sit at a table waterfront with feet in the sand. Very good breakfasts, lunches,and dinners are romantic becaue of being on the ebach with lighted candles, etc. But, prices are great!

Elviras- right by Pattys. Goof food- esp chilaquiles for breakfast. But, prefer Pattys most of the time.

Nice place for happy hour/sunset views on LaRopa- Sunset Bar at Catalina Beach Resort

Lettys in Zih for coconut shrimp

Dinners places near your hotel:

IL Mare- Italian, seems to be popular.

Puerta del Sol- delicious salads and chicken brochettes.

Kau Kan- friends rave about this place.

Very pricey would be La Casa que Canta

One of my old favs that we always still visit in Villa de la Selva in Ixtapa- its the fomer vacation home of a Mexican president. Food is pricey, but good. But, the best thing is the view at sunset. Get there in time for this and ask to sit where there is a good view.

Woodside
Level Contributor
630 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Places To Eat

All good. I would eat at Casa Que Canta over Kau Kan. Just my preference!

West Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Places To Eat

Please check the updated : tripadvisor.com/Travel-g150790-s5/Ixtapa:Mex…

Casa Bahia is off the list.

Now being from Victoria you maight like some quail in garlic -- Arminda's at the Route 200 turnoff to San Migelito -- Excellent raised Bobwhites