We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cuernavava to Teotihuacan and Taxco

Cuba, Illinois
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cuernavava to Teotihuacan and Taxco

Any tours to Teotihuacan and Taxco from from Cuernavava.

Tours buses. Reputable taxis etc. Cost?

Mentioned in this post
Taxco
Taxco
Guerrero, Mexico
Mexico City Super Saver: Teotihuacan...
50 Reviews
from US$111.00*
Free Cancellation
Taxco and Cuernavaca Day Trip from...
14 Reviews
from US$59.00*
Free Cancellation
Private Tour: Taxco and Cuernavaca...
1 Review
from US$56.33*
Free Cancellation
5 replies to this topic
Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
447 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cuernavava to Teotihuacan and Taxco

Cuernavava? If you mean Cuernavaca, these two towns are in opposite directions from there - so you would be looking for two tours or other methods of transportation.

Mentioned in this post
Cuernavaca
Cuernavaca
Morelos, Mexico
Monteverde Costa...
Level Contributor
652 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cuernavava to Teotihuacan and Taxco

You obviously mean Cuernavaca. Taxco is easy. About 1.5 hour bus trip. Sorry dont have the bus companies on that route but google BUS CUERNAVACA A TAXCo and you will get links. very easy to do. And coming back easy too. They will let you off in Taxco at the bus station and just ask about return tickets. As long as it is not over easter (which is a great time to be there actually) you can get tickets with no problem.

You can also very close to Cuernavaca visit Xochicalco a great site not as big as Teo but very nice and important in the history of early Mexico.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xochicalco

Teotihuacan is harder. If you want to do it by bus you can take Pullman Morelos bus to south bus terminal then metro to north terminal and get a bus there. Would be a long day and could be best to stay one night in Mex city if you try that.

Also google: Tour guiado cuernavaca a Teotihuacan

I spend lot of time in Cuernavaca and love it. I feel very safe there and never had any problems. Although no where in Mexico do I stay out real late. Nice Zocalo with Cortez palace with great stuff inside including Diego Rivera mural that is excellent.

Visit Robert Brady Museum too.

Have fun.

Mentioned in this post
Cuernavaca
Cuernavaca
Morelos, Mexico
Taxco
Taxco
Guerrero, Mexico
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Zocalo
Zocalo
4,578 Reviews
Mexico City, Mexico
Robert Brady Museum
Robert Brady Museum
473 Reviews
Cuernavaca, Mexico
Cuba, Illinois
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cuernavava to Teotihuacan and Taxco

Thanks so much. Any bus tours to Teo fromCuernavava?

Monteverde Costa...
Level Contributor
652 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cuernavava to Teotihuacan and Taxco

Kind of glad you asked this question as the following will help me as well. So I googled tours to teo from cuernavaca.

Looks like the main bus company runs tours leaving at 7Am from rio mayo office in cuernavaca which is pretty close to centro. They return to cuernavaca at 7:00Pm. The price (450 pesos- half for kids) is super cheap for round trip on the bus Looks like they do it in nice mini vans w/o bano but Im sure they stop along the way. Although it is possible they do it in larger full size buses with bathrooms. You would have to verify that. You can look at the link but it is in spanish. Look at destinos tab.

centroturisticocuernavaca.mx/destinos.html

I skyped the office in Spanish and the guy confirmed this but I had bad connection and lost it.

The 450 pesos cost includes entrance fee to teo but that is for Mexicans. he said no problem anyone can go but if not mexican the entrance fee would be 60-70 pesos more. This also includes a tour guide but imagine that is in Spanish. Could get your own guide there or maybe they can arrange one.

I never realized this was out there till you "forced" me HAHA to check it out.

I am in Cuerna alot and while I have seen Teo before years ago would love to do this again. Also will do the Zapata tour which looks fun.

And Cuernavaca to Teo entrance fee guide etc for $25-30$ US. Incredible deal. A long day trip but worth it. And cheap. Here is the site. If interested and you speak spanish give em a call. They may have an english operator also.

The Teo tour does not specify daily but Programmed. So may have to work out a date with them

The Zapata tour sounds really good too.

Enjoy your trip! I will be there march 15 for three weeks.

Mentioned in this post
Cuernavaca
Cuernavaca
Morelos, Mexico
Cuba, Illinois
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cuernavava to Teotihuacan and Taxco

Thanks so much for all of your efforts!

Reply to: Cuernavava to Teotihuacan and Taxco