We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Cuernavaca to Puebla

United States
Level Contributor
379 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Cuernavaca to Puebla

1. How long does the bus from Cuernavaca take to reach Puebla?

2. Does it go via Mexico City? I hope not!

3. Alternatively, is there a bus to Cholula instead of Puebla? Or can I get off at Cholula on the way?

Edited: 17 August 2016, 07:50
7 replies to this topic
Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
6,925 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Cuernavaca to Puebla

Suhas,

While there might be a direct or non-stop bus from Cuernavaca to Puebla (or Cholula for that matter), I am not aware of any such bus. Generally speaking buses in Mexico are point to point, so you may have to build your own connections (i.e. Cuernavaca to CDMX, then CDMX to Puebla {or Cholula}). Buena suerte.

¡Diviértanse!

BC
Level Contributor
5,342 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Cuernavaca to Puebla

Just check all the companies and their schedules. Do a google search for the names.

I did find one that was direct Puebla to Cuernavaca, but it wasn't faster than going through Mexico City. In the end I didn't go to Puebla, so that is why I don't remember the company.

It isn't hard to change buses in Mexico City.

San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Level Contributor
7,284 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Cuernavaca to Puebla

This thread from a few years ago indicates that there are buses between the two:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g15277…

My guess is that it's a second-class service and might be slow, albeit scenic. Best to ask at the bus station about times, as I doubt whether either of the two companies has an online presence.

Travelling via Mexico City would almost certainly be quicker. Buses from Cuernavaca arrive at Terminal Taxqueña. Although most buses to Peubla leave from TAPO, there is also a service from Taxqueña more or less every 30 minutes.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Cuernavaca to Puebla

I did it back in February. The line is Oro, and there are direct buses from Cuernavaca to Puebla throughout the day. These are nice, first class buses. The Oro terminal in Cuernavaca is not downtown, it is out on the outskirts, it's a 3 hour ride to Puebla, they stop at the CAPU terminal.

Schedule here:

www.micuernavaca.com/item/linea-de-oro/

Terminal here:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Autotransportes+L%C3%ADnea+Oro/@18.9180115,-99.1882859,17z/data=!4m12!1m6!3m5!1s0x0:0xe3f799d5a0b2299!2sAutotransportes+L%C3%ADnea+Oro!8m2!3d18.9178724!4d-99.1883642!3m4!1s0x0:0xe3f799d5a0b2299!8m2!3d18.9178724!4d-99.1883642

Don't confuse this company with Estrella de Oro, which does have a terminal in Cuernavaca Centro -- they are different.

San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Level Contributor
7,284 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Cuernavaca to Puebla

Peter. Thanks for that update!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from Cuernavaca to Puebla

No problem! I was busing all over that area and went through several different stations in Cuernavaca. Really, it's a bit of a mess there compared to other cities -- multiple terminals with different lines serving multiple places. The locals on the ground know which terminals go where, the taxi drivers are usually the best people to ask.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Level Contributor
386 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus from Cuernavaca to Puebla

We did use that route with ORO. The bus terminal in Cuernavaca is way out from downtown, there are plenty of taxis at any hour and a lot of traffic going to town. It is still better than going through Mexico City.

Reply to: Bus from Cuernavaca to Puebla
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cuernavaca