We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tortugas Beach Club

fort worth
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Tortugas Beach Club

We ahve never been here (thanks for the idea Mark). How is the snorkeling?

12 replies to this topic
Texas
Level Contributor
1,782 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tortugas Beach Club

I found a youtube video of Tortugas. The reviews suck but I always read those a bit suspiciously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTMK0FeAW6g

Edited: 08 April 2017, 03:11
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
701 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tortugas Beach Club

I tried to find info for the OP but coldnt find much. Did find that video and read a couple reviews that didn't say much. One review did say they just opened November 2016, so that could be a reason why so little reviews. Its close to Chankanaab so I wouldn't imagine snorkeling would be very good at all with the sandy bottom, just see fish swimming around. Food looks like average beach club food. Looks small so if it did get a bunch of people in it would seem very crowded. Don't know if there is entrance fee or how much they charge for equipment rental or if they have changing rooms/bathrooms/lockers.

Level Contributor
1,020 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tortugas Beach Club

I see a lot of tourist trappings in the video, Fancy drinks, cigars, pocket books. I see some water activity, but it looks sandy with some outcroppings. I like the looks of the palapa. Not far from where we are staying....

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,845 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tortugas Beach Club

They opened late last fall.

The snorkeling right out front is average. There are a few reef heads you can see in the video. And you can see the sand beach so we all know that means the snorkeling where the sand is is not good. They do snorkeling tours just north of the bar all the time.

I've been there a couple of times. The food is pretty good. I watched the video and they do a good job of making the place look really big. In reality, it is a very small beach club.

Edited: 08 April 2017, 23:43
fort worth
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tortugas Beach Club

I will make you tell me more when we are at Nah Ha next month Mark😁

Saginaw, Texas
Level Contributor
2,704 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tortugas Beach Club

Be afraid, Mark. Very, very afraid Lol.

See ya next month.

Arlington WA
Level Contributor
3,831 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tortugas Beach Club

See ya next month too, neighbor ;)

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
191 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Tortugas Beach Club

"Be afraid Mark" LOL

Mark, I hope you are in "vacation mode" in May - we are all going to be neighbors!!

Cozumel, Mexico
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Tortugas Beach Club

Snorkeling is horrible. To many people walking around in the ocean. Very small. Much better places to go on Cozumel

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
6,845 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tortugas Beach Club

I will keep my pole spear tips sharpened to keep everyone in line. Thanks for the heads up!

Reply to: Tortugas Beach Club
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted